GSP vs Hendricks (Primetime vids incl)

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

GSP vs Hendricks (Primetime vids incl)

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:03 am

Hey all

Scary fight here. Met Johny for a day here in my neck of the woods and (at least under the circumstances) he came off like a dick to my whole crew. So, for the first time, I will be sincerely cheering for GSP (never been a sincere fan).

Doesn't help that Hendricks has a good chance. Wishing them both well I suppose, should be an intense scrap:

sheetsMMAfan

Postby sheetsMMAfan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:32 pm

How did he come off as a dick M? Mind elaborating?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:13 pm

My buddy at GDCMMA had worked out to take Hendricks around for the day and then host an event at night at a bar that he had negotiated with.

I arranged to take Hendricks to a local gun club, as Hendricks likes shooting and I have some friends who are really into it. (We were gonna shoot a video interview at the gun club, but sucked they wouldn't let us film)..

So he gets picked up at the airport, we go shooting (my buddy brought along a champion shooter and a whole collection of choice guns)... and then later that night my friend had set up the whole 'Meet & Greet' event of which I had made posters/flyers etc.

Basically it was a big opportunity for my friend who is just starting his business as an MMA media company. He had invested a lot of money to make it happen, and the exchange was that he would get an exclusive interview with Hendricks to put up online to advertise GDCMMA.

My friend learned a hard lesson about not grabbing the interview early (they wouldn't let us film at the gun club)... but as the night went on my friend was waiting for the interview and Hendricks got sucked into one of those punching bag games that measure how hard you punch.

Hendricks was determined to get the highscore, of which he kept coming up short. We waited for fucking EVER for him to finish playing (he never did get it, lol)... and when he finally gave up my friend asks for the interview and Johny just stiffs him and leaves the bar.

I never got a good vibe from him all day, (or at least his vibe never really synced with mine) but as I was watching him screw my friend over I looked him right in the eye and said 'Just 5 minutes!' (as in; that's all we're asking man, come one give something back here)

- Hendricks just looked away and left to go clubbing in Toronto.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:12 pm

- GSP is using a superman rashguard

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:14 pm

Masato wrote:My buddy at GDCMMA had worked out to take Hendricks around for the day and then host an event at night at a bar that he had negotiated with.

I arranged to take Hendricks to a local gun club, as Hendricks likes shooting and I have some friends who are really into it. (We were gonna shoot a video interview at the gun club, but sucked they wouldn't let us film)..

So he gets picked up at the airport, we go shooting (my buddy brought along a champion shooter and a whole collection of choice guns)... and then later that night my friend had set up the whole 'Meet & Greet' event of which I had made posters/flyers etc.

Basically it was a big opportunity for my friend who is just starting his business as an MMA media company. He had invested a lot of money to make it happen, and the exchange was that he would get an exclusive interview with Hendricks to put up online to advertise GDCMMA.

My friend learned a hard lesson about not grabbing the interview early (they wouldn't let us film at the gun club)... but as the night went on my friend was waiting for the interview and Hendricks got sucked into one of those punching bag games that measure how hard you punch.

Hendricks was determined to get the highscore, of which he kept coming up short. We waited for fucking EVER for him to finish playing (he never did get it, lol)... and when he finally gave up my friend asks for the interview and Johny just stiffs him and leaves the bar.

I never got a good vibe from him all day, (or at least his vibe never really synced with mine) but as I was watching him screw my friend over I looked him right in the eye and said 'Just 5 minutes!' (as in; that's all we're asking man, come one give something back here)

- Hendricks just looked away and left to go clubbing in Toronto.

- I've read this on sherdog, pretty bad to him to do that

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:09 am

Hendricks was known as a dick in his wrestling days. My friends dad was a collegiate wrestling coach and he said whenever Johnny won a match representing Oklahoma state he would run around in front of everyone with the Oklahoma flag acting cocky.

sheetsMMAfan

Postby sheetsMMAfan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Well regardless, a 90-95% chance Hendricks will get laid on for 5 rounds anyhow. Hendricks doesn't have Fitch's durability (durability he had in UFC anyhow), so he might get subbed after worn out later in the fight.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:49 pm

sheetsMMAfan wrote:Well regardless, a 90-95% chance Hendricks will get laid on for 5 rounds anyhow. Hendricks doesn't have Fitch's durability (durability he had in UFC anyhow), so he might get subbed after worn out later in the fight.

- He took a beating of Condit tought
A beating that would've make Shane Mcmahon pround

Return to “Super Dojo”