MMA humanitarian Justin Wren saves thousands pygmy slaves

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

MMA humanitarian Justin Wren saves thousands pygmy slaves

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 am

and plans comeback to UFC

I copied from sherdog user MMAhistorian that got this from UG:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/mma-humanitarian-justin-wren-saves-thousands-pygmy-slaves-plans-comeback-ufc-2954751/

BY: Justin Wren

I've never had more motivation to fight! This year, no doubt, I'll get my first fight back.

I thought I would let you guys know... I'm SO appreciative and grateful by ALL the support I've gotten over the years here (don't look at my join date, I've been here since my sophomore year in high school, 12 years). I've had hundreds of people post what had to be 1,000's of supportive post. During my fights you guys tuned in... After my first time having a dead child in my hands, and burying him, you guys were there for me. When I was in a hospital bed fighting for my life against Malaria, Typhoid, (and black water fever and dysentery) you guys were encouraging me along and giving me best wishes. I'm humbled and SO thankful!

I've said many times before, I could live in a twig and leaf hut with my Pygmy family for the rest of my life. However, I know if I went and got lost in the jungle... No one would know how to support, and be part of the journey! Living in Congo full time is an real option down the line, after fighting, but for now I'm going to ACTUALLY "fight for the forgotten."

I don't want to be an old man wondering "what if I would have tried it?" I'm 27 and I'm already haunted (in a good way) with the question "what GOOD could come from me combining my two greatest passions? Could it be something truly great?" Fighting gives me an opportunity to support my Congo family and fulfill my first promise I ever made them, to give them a voice.

As of now, my plan is to donate every win bonus straight to the cause, I want the check made out to Fight For The Forgotten, not me. I will be able to drill more water wells, continue to purchase land, fund a portion of the farming project, or kickstart other initiatives!

My fighter background and mentality helped me during the tough times in Congo. But my struggles in Congo made me a better fighter! It's given me something to fight FOR! With a huge amount of passion and an immense amount of purpose. THAT is gonna make me dangerous, having a bigger reason to train hard and to FIGHT harder than my opponents. I'm not some 21, 22, or 23 year old kid with a drug addiction who then tries to fight professionally. I've got my head on straight now, my hearts on fire, and I've been gifted with a MUCH bigger reason to fight than just myself. It gets me AMPED just thinking about it!

[b]Live to love. Love to live.

Justin "The Viking/The Big Pygmy" Wren[/b]
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:32 am

Never heard of him.

Would be interesting if the ufc started a pygmy division.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”