Karatê

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Karatê

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:59 am

Brasil has a hight japanese population, and as a multicultural country several parts of japanese culture were planted here, judo is very strong in Brasil, i think we are 5 in the world now, maybe 4, other martial art that we adopted is Karatê:

Karatê was brought here in the beggning of the 20 century and became very popular, and like Judo or capoeira they were part of the vale-tudo scene here in the beggning of the century.
One of the reasons karatê was soo accepeted is because his aspect of phisical education (the training were like hell, nothing compared to the mcdojos you see on movies), and self defense.

Karatê has vaious styles, every styles has his own aspects whem it's come to fight, kyokushin guys trade thecniques and shotokan guys usually try to hit without getting hit.

Mitsuke Harada is one of the pioners of the martial art here in Brasil, he opened the legendary dojo in the Quintino Bocaiuva street in 1956.
Jumping a couple of decades in the midle of the 90's the karateka from the kyokushin style Francisco Filho became a legend after being the firts man to finish the 100 man kumite and being able to walk with his on legs.

Before Francisco we had Ademir da Costa that late founded the Seiwakai style, Ademir was the first brazilian to do the 100 man kumitê.

Karatê is very strong in Europe, IN 1950 several japanese karatê instructos started teaching the art in europe, but only in 1965 that JKA, sent four well trained youg instructor to help develop the martial art and expand in europe, those man were Hiroshi Shirai, Hirokazu Kanazawa, Taiji Kase and Keinosuke Enoeda.
European karatekas are usually strong and very athletic.

Russia and China are very strong in karate too.

Important dates on karatê history:

Significant Dates in the History of Karate

1905: Karate is included in Okinawa’s physical education programs at the intermediate level.
1917: Funakoshi gives the first public demonstration of karate-do.
1922: Funakoshi is invited by Dr. Jano Kano to give a demonstration at the Kodokan Dojo, bringing karate-do to Japan.
1924: The first university karate club is established in Japan, at Keio University.
1930s: Karate makes its way to Canada.
1936: Okinawan masters meet to discuss karate in Okinawa, a meeting sponsored by the newspaper Ryukyu Shimpo.
1939: Japan opens Shoto-Kan, its first formal training school.
1945: The first dojo is opened in the United States.
1949: The Japan Karate Association is formed.
1950s: Karate is introduced in the United Kingdom.
1960s: Karate makes its way to the Soviet Union and is banned and unbanned several times over the next three decades.
1964: France Shotokan Karate is created in France.
1989: Karate is legalized once again in the Soviet Union.
[b][color=#FF0000]Source:
http://www.athleticscholarships.net/history-of-karate.htmImage

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:19 am

Great thread Edge!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:18 am

Luigi wrote:Great thread Edge!

- THank you, i am have dificult acessing the forum, and whem i post its happen a error.
Will add more to the op.^^

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Today I was trying to find a way to access the results of past Karate events, but there was nothing in English. Then I stumbled upon this Russian website which has pretty much everything perfectly documented! Its awesome.

http://www.kyokushinkarate.com.ua/results.html

Its pretty sad that Muay Thai is 10x as popular and doesnt have a similar database.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:12 am

Luigi wrote:Today I was trying to find a way to access the results of past Karate events, but there was nothing in English. Then I stumbled upon this Russian website which has pretty much everything perfectly documented! Its awesome.

http://www.kyokushinkarate.com.ua/results.html

Its pretty sad that Muay Thai is 10x as popular and doesnt have a similar database.

- I've been told that they don't have registers of the fights in thailand.
Is true?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:04 pm

Its true, because they fight every few weeks, so it makes sense for most fighters, but when guy get into the top 10 they should really start keeping track. Also everywhere outside of Thailand they have fights every few months like most combat sports, so there is no excuse for them not to have records. The funny thing is, there actually are records for female fighters as the website Awakening makes records themselves of every female fight that they hear about.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:30 am

Luigi wrote:Its true, because they fight every few weeks, so it makes sense for most fighters, but when guy get into the top 10 they should really start keeping track. Also everywhere outside of Thailand they have fights every few months like most combat sports, so there is no excuse for them not to have records. The funny thing is, there actually are records for female fighters as the website Awakening makes records themselves of every female fight that they hear about.

- But they still could register in a type of oficial book no?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:57 pm

They could, but they start when they are like 8 years old and I imagine people arent all that interested in recording the record of little kids. I think they should start keeping track at 18

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Luigi wrote:They could, but they start when they are like 8 years old and I imagine people arent all that interested in recording the record of little kids. I think they should start keeping track at 18

- They could do that.

Return to “Super Dojo”