All about Silva vs Weidman...

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

All about Silva vs Weidman...

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:34 am

Hey all

Personally I don't see how any fighter with a mere 9 pro fights, his best win being Munoz can actually be considered the favourite against Anderson... but for some bizarre reason this seems to be the case.

How??? Of course a fight is a fight, and yes wrestling is as close to an achilles heel as we've seen yet for the GOAT... but imo Weidman is just a kid facing a master.

I see a 1st or 2nd round KO. Wolf tickets, y'all

discuss

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:35 am

seriously, lol

(this is one of the funniest/truest things on Anderson ever):

m25105

Postby m25105 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Anderson is going to knock out Weidman in the second or third round. Once he figures out Weidman's timing he'll knock him out either when he shoots in for a takedown or if he's standing back too long. Weidman needs to work 5 rounds for a decision, Anderson can end it inside those five rounds.

Quasi-Phibian

Postby Quasi-Phibian » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:07 am

Sometimes I wonder if UFC is paying all their fighters to say Weidman. It seems so strange, they are all picking him yet they all somehow don't seem convinced.

You think UFC would do that?

m25105

Postby m25105 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:25 pm

Quasi-Phibian wrote:Sometimes I wonder if UFC is paying all their fighters to say Weidman. It seems so strange, they are all picking him yet they all somehow don't seem convinced.

You think UFC would do that?

I doubt that, the odds are good for Weidman too, I think he's a +200 underdog.

Anderson is getting up in age, and people want to see someone dethrone, hence the hype.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:46 am

WTF was that????? (Post-fight)

GodDAMN once again I was screaming for Anderson to stop clowning in there... guess it finally caught up to him and he paid the price.

Hate to say it but what a dumbass. How could he have such complete disdain for his opponent like that???

IMHO Anderson acting like a goof in there (he said it was strategy... I can't wrap my head around that) just lost him the title, a TON of fans, superfight deals, and likely his sponsors and legacy. That was not strategy that was being foolish and underestimating his opponent. If he has just fought focussed and properly I think he could have put Weidman away in the 2nd no problem.

I am still totally shocked, what a crazy, bizarre fight and possible ending to a GOAT's career.

m25105

Postby m25105 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:39 pm

It's just mind boggling. Yes, Silva uses his footwork, but to clown around like that? People kept bring up the BS argument that he always clowns against his opponent, yet the only ones that come to mind are the Luter and Maia fight. He didn't clown against Vitor, Okami, Chael and Forest. Doing the drunken man limbo dancing in a position where he can't back his head away any further ><.

I really like Anderson and I'll root for him in a rematch all day, but I hope this loss will make him a killer again instead of trying to Prince Naseem his opponents when he doesn't need to. If they do have a rematch, I'll stick with my last prediction, Silva by ko, this time round 2 instead of 3.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:38 pm

He did clown against Okami and Forrest imo. Hands way down, slippin and sliding.

He may call this a style, and it may have worked, but it is clearly reckless/risky to do. I remember screaming in both those fights to 'PUT YOUR HANDS UPP FOR GODS SAKES!!!' This was the worst of them though.

His skills are so good in my opinion that if he quit playing these games and just relied on proper and intelligent technique he would have KO'd Weidman easily.

ridiculous behavior for a championship fight. If GSP plays it too safe, Anderson just tipped the other end of the scale

m25105

Postby m25105 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:13 pm

I disagree, if you watch the fights again at no point did Anderson do the drunken man limbo dance. Hell, with Forrest, it's beautiful display since he slipped every punch Forrest threw at him.

Return to “Super Dojo”