Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant, Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola announced for UFC 236

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant, Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola announced for UFC 236

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:44 am

By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Mar 17, 2019

After a 14-month layoff, Alan Jouban will be back in action.

On Saturday, officials announced that the 37-year-old welterweight has been booked to fight Dwight Grant (9-2) in a welterweight bout at UFC 236 on April 13 in Atlanta. The matchup was first reported by Atlanta news outlet WSB.

This will be Jouban’s first fight since last February at UFC on FOX 28, where he defeated Ben Saunders by second-round knockout. “Brahma” was booked to fight Danny Roberts the following July, but was forced to withdraw due to a neck injury. He is 7-4 in the UFC and 16-6 overall as a pro.

Grant is coming off of a first-round knockout of Carlo Pedersoli Jr.. which happened in February. The Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series contract winner has won eight of his last nine fights.

Also confirmed on Saturday, a lightweight bout between Jalin Turner (8-4) and Matt Frevola (6-1-1), and a welterweight bout between Max Griffin (14-6) and unbeaten UFC newcomer Zelim Imadaev (8-0). These matchups were first reported by ESPN.

UFC 236 will be headlined by a rematch between featherweight titleholder Max Holloway (20-3) and Dustin Poirier (24-5) for a vacant interim lightweight championship, with a vacant interim middleweight championship bout between Kelvin Gastelum (16-3) and Israel Adesanya (16-0) serving as the co-main event.

See the updated card below:

Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier

Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum

Eryk Anders vs. Khalil Rountree

Alan Jouban vs. Dwight Grant

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Nikita Krylov

Jalin Turner vs. Matt Frevola

Wilson Reis vs. Alexandre Pantoja

Max Griffin vs. Zelim Imadaev

Boston Salmon vs. Khalid Taha

Montel Jackson vs. Andre Soukhamthath

Poliana Botelho vs. Lauren Mueller

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/17/18268935/alan-jouban-vs-dwight-grant-jalin-turner-vs-matt-frevola-announced-for-ufc-236
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”