On the Kron Gracie bandwagon

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

On the Kron Gracie bandwagon

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:54 pm

So my man Kron Gracie (son of legend Rickson Gracie) won again last night, this time in the UFC.

How cool would it be to see him rise to top levels? I wouldn’t bet on it, his stand up still looks a bit rough, and few have made bjj alone go very far, but I like the guy and would be very fun to see Ricksons son excel.

Kron is super interesting, he almost became a pro skateboarder before rediscovering his love for his fathers art.

Oh yeah he’s also a hardcore conspiracy nut, lol last i heard he got hooked by the flat earth bug :) (which I don’t support to be clear, but I do support people exploring outside that box. I bet his dad is embarrassed though lol.

Anyways WAR KRON

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:59 pm

His father is his head coach, and I read an article where he said he wants to prove bjj can be used on its own. Not sure if he still wants that, he'll need wrestling and stand up to survive high level.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:00 pm

However to be fair, caceres has something like 26 fights and kron has 5, so this was an impressive debut
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:36 pm

The commentator made an interesting comment that because no one wants to go to the ground with him, he can throw big strikes on the feet more easily than those maybe fearing the takedown.

Was Rickson at the event in his corner? Hope he got a bit of spotlight/attention he deserves. Wonder what Dana thinks of Rickson

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Didn't look like he was in his corner, he was prob there though, and I doubt rickson would have been given any attention since he shunned the ufc and never fought there

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:46 pm

That’s why I wonder what Dana W might say/think about him. Dana’s the kind of guy that might rip on Rickson saying he’s overrated and 400-0 boolsheet etc. I think that’s bad form, like it or not Rickson is a main root of MMA

Return to “Super Dojo”