"Man I should Write a Book"?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
theraskal

"Man I should Write a Book"?

Postby theraskal » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:27 pm

it always kind of irks me when someone who has lived a rather average life and reads very little makes such a statement. I'm an avid reader, maintain a daily reading habit, I am usually reading different books at the same time, always carry books with me when I leave the house.....and it's very HUMBLING! I read about people who have lived EXCEPTIONAL lives! And most of all the great things have already been said yet some chap which has lived an average life has the arrogance to think his story comparable to people like James Braddock or Jack Johnson, Washington/Lincoln/Roosevelt, Einstein, Thoreau, Mozart/Beethoven, Ibn Battuta, Miyamoto Musashi, Socrates, Plato, Marcus Aurelius, David Goggins, Chief Joseph or Geronimo, Padre Pio....I could go on and on listing people who have lived such exceptional and interesting lives worthy of a book!

And I'm not saying living an average life is bad, but worthy of "man I should write a book"???? Most of these guys maybe been through a divorce, perhaps a bit of alcohol drug usage, but not even suffered enough to end up HOMELESS and living on a SKID ROW. Perhaps their family immigrated and they grew up with immigrant parents and went to school, a bit of drugs/alcohol, later divorce....

and yes, I have heard more than one such person make the statement of contemplating how they should or have lived a life worthy of a book to be written about

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:29 pm

oh, these people are also the same literary genius which will often claim something about preferring non-fiction over fiction while also enjoying all the FICTION movies they enjoy watching!

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:30 pm

"I don't really like non-fiction, I like real life stuff......man Game of Thrones HBO series is the best ever"

Return to “Anarchy Zone”