Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:05 am

So I had the best bicep pump of my life tonight

Trick? I lowered the weight to 5kg DBs and concentratteed on form and mind mucle connection. so cliche eh? I also did those lat pulldown curl things at the end of my back routine first but thats nothing new been doing them for a while now

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:39 pm

Last nights training

Single leg deadlift, sets of 5 reps from 20 to 80kg in 10kg increments.
Banded side kick, red band, 3x30

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:39 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:Tonights session

Pullups 3x16

Stock press worked up to 75kg x 4

Seated EZbar tricep extensions 60kg x 10 drop 50kg x 6 drop 40kg x 6

concentration curls 16kg x 16 RP 8 RP 6

ischyrós thirío

Thanks

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:08 am

Anastasios wrote:Last nights training

Do you ever lift twice in a day? 2 days per month I have the time to do this a consecutive monday and tuesday that I have off work and can trrain eeat and sleep all day forr 2 days then in the office for the rest of the week

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:09 am

My squat session this week went well, I was doing sets of 6 reps at 350. The last rep and the last set was a step beyond what I usually have to go through but I managed it. My back is still a bit sore. I find as the weight goes up my body more and more tries to use more of the back and less of the legs, I have to fight this but its tough.

My bench session left me totally wrecked. It was a win, but not an easy one. I'm officially done Hepburn program A. I couldnt do it anymore if I wanted because I dont have the weights to jump up less than 15 lbs and that would be impossible with this program. I guess next time I will try program B.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:28 am

Luigi wrote:My squat session this week went well, I was doing sets of 6 reps at 350. The last rep and the last set was a step beyond what I usually have to go through but I managed it. My back is still a bit sore. I find as the weight goes up my body more and more tries to use more of the back and less of the legs, I have to fight this but its tough.

My bench session left me totally wrecked. It was a win, but not an easy one. I'm officially done Hepburn program A. I couldnt do it anymore if I wanted because I dont have the weights to jump up less than 15 lbs and that would be impossible with this program. I guess next time I will try program B.

Do you train at home? is that ouut of nnecessity or choice? I tend to think trraining alone as in with no one around once youre out of bbeginner stage can be dangerouus given the weights plus the limiting factors such as as you say equipment for most but be careful many have died getting stuck under the bar benching and trying to roll it over their hearts

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:18 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:Last nights training

Do you ever lift twice in a day? 2 days per month I have the time to do this a consecutive monday and tuesday that I have off work and can trrain eeat and sleep all day forr 2 days then in the office for the rest of the week

I don't have time. I run the shop 7 days a week. Before I used to do up to 10 training sessions per week. 3-4 times gym, 3-4 times martial arts, 0-2 cardio. Might happen again after I sell the shop.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:21 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Luigi wrote:My squat session this week went well, I was doing sets of 6 reps at 350. The last rep and the last set was a step beyond what I usually have to go through but I managed it. My back is still a bit sore. I find as the weight goes up my body more and more tries to use more of the back and less of the legs, I have to fight this but its tough.

Do you train at home? is that ouut of nnecessity or choice? I tend to think trraining alone as in with no one around once youre out of bbeginner stage can be dangerouus given the weights plus the limiting factors such as as you say equipment for most but be careful many have died getting stuck under the bar benching and trying to roll it over their hearts

I live in a small town, the nearest gym in a 30 min drive. I'm not trying to drive 30 mins there and back in dark snowstorms so I can pay out the ass for some planet fitness BS. Also I've always preferred training at home even when I had access to my uni gym. You dont have to wait for equipment and can just get to work. The safety factor is why I only worked with dumbells for so long.

But now I have a smith machine so can work out at home safely. I fail with heavy weights all the time and its no problem because I can just lock the bar with my wrists. Also, I know there are guys who choke themselves to death dropping the bar on their neck so I've always bench with good technique with the bar slightly under the pecs. I had never heard of guys dying from rolling it over their heart but it sounds like an easy way to crack your ribs and apparently also die. My technique also disallows this. Years ago I did get pinned under a bar, since it was already at my sternum I could easily just push it down to my stomach, at which point you can just sit up and hipthrust the weight off of you.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:42 pm

Luigi wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

I live in a small town, the nearest gym in a 30 min drive. I'm not trying to drive 30 mins there and back in dark snowstorms so I can pay out the ass for some planet fitness BS. Also I've always preferred training at home even when I had access to my uni gym. You dont have to wait for equipment and can just get to work. The safety factor is why I only worked with dumbells for so long.

But now I have a smith machine so can work out at home safely. I fail with heavy weights all the time and its no problem because I can just lock the bar with my wrists. Also, I know there are guys who choke themselves to death dropping the bar on their neck so I've always bench with good technique with the bar slightly under the pecs. I had never heard of guys dying from rolling it over their heart but it sounds like an easy way to crack your ribs and apparently also die. My technique also disallows this. Years ago I did get pinned under a bar, since it was already at my sternum I could easily just push it down to my stomach, at which point you can just sit up and hipthrust the weight off of you.

I use safety pins for bench and squat, set them so they catch the bar when I am not arching on bench or ATG at squats as I squat to parallell.

Here is a funny video of how things can go wrong without a spotter and with safety pins anyway:

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:13 pm

hhahaha

Return to “Anarchy Zone”