Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:30 am

being able to get 30 to 50g of exttra protein in once or twice a day is a game changer, well worth it

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:31 pm

Gateway to steroids.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:16 pm

One of my uncles once asked "do you take steroids like proteins and creatines?"

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:58 am

Monday I started program B. I thought it was supposed to be easier but actually its just more focused on power, essentially just doing singles until failure lol I thought, okay maybe Ill try singles at 255 lbs, wait no, last time I was half considering trying to get doubles at 255 and could probably get a few if I was fresh. Okay then, I thought to add 4kg, so I did, and got it with a long pause and no issue. Shortly after this I realized that I had just taken my record for a touch and go bench press and easily paused repped it. Naturally next I went for a PB and got it at 280. I am so out of practice at touch n go that I even slowed down at the bottom unintentionally. No tendon pain, no brutal grind, just a comfortable lift. I counted this as a set and went back to doing singles at 264 lbs. At the end of the session my shoulders were totally rekt but mostly in a good way, as in muscle soreness and not injury.

However, this week also exposed my Achilles heel. I can get away with getting shitty sleeps at least partially because I often take a nap during my lunch break on the days I work from home, but this week that was impossible. I had to drive into town to go to the bank one day, and drive 3 hours to see my lawyer another day. This might not seem like a big deal but it pretty much rekt me. I have felt like utter trash ever since. Yesterday as I languished in sleep deprivation I could feel my body eating my leg muscles. I struggled through work and passed out after. I woke up in the night needing to eat about 1500 calories and do a squat workout within a few hours before I had to drive to work. This was the first time I failed a squat session in what must be months. The weird thing is on the first set I actually felt super strong, did the weight comfortably, and even went extra deep. I actually suspect this may have sabotaged me though taking too much out of me too early, as from then on each rep came with exhaustion and knee pain. For most sets the knee pain would force me to stop long before my muscles were spent. On the bright side I eventually got all the volume done and my hamstrings are now on fire. Today I managed to hit my calorie goal and my protein goal, and now I can finally sleep.

Tomorrow is bench press again, hopefully my nervous system will have mostly recovered by then.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 am

Som-Pong wrote:Gateway to steroids.

Although the link you posted contained about 5 different brrands of protein powder without even scrolling down so who knows what the fuck your ingesting? but thats never stoppeed you before haha

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:22 am

Unintentional on my part.
Biovitte. If Masatos website wasn't compromised I'd post a picture.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:44 am

For tonights bench session I still had some DOMS going into the session and as soon as I started my warm up sets my shoulders and elbow joints were on fire. It seems the lack of recovery affected my bench as well, which is not surprising. It is surprising though that even 3 days later its this bad. I had to work at 90% of normal weight and it was still a painful process. Trying to hit my protein target pushed my calories up to 4000 tonight. I think Im getting a better understanding of why strength athletes have to force feed themselves so much.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:55 pm

Som-Pong wrote:555
Unintentional on my part.
Biovitte. If Masatos website wasn't compromised I'd post a picture.

I look at protein powder like this

1. Price
2. Mixability
3. Taste

I understand theres a lot more sciencey stuff to it but I dont care, its dried milk lol

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:56 am

Quick update, on Tuesday my bench session went really well. Program B is working extremely well. It kinda feels like Smolov where I am surprising myself with how much strength I can gain so quickly. The downside is my shoulders are aching days later and its probably not just DOMS. Tendons feel 100% healthy though. Strange, I will keep monitoring the situation. Wednesday I was so toast I couldnt squat. I fell asleep after work and woke up 3 hours before I had to drive to work, went to work, passed out when I got home. So for once it seems my bench fortunes are far outshining my squat fortunes.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:37 am

Havent posted in a while, too damn busy sometimes

12 feb
squat 165x8

14 feb
log press 65x5,5,5
pullups 3x16
seated tricep ezbar overhead extensions 60kg x 12 RP 50 x 8 RP 40 x 8
concentration curls 16kg x 12, hand and wrist pain had to abort mission

16 feb
split squats worked up to a set of 5 with 65kg

18 feb
bench press, got up to a warmup of 120kg for a single, the slight fever I had built up enough that the pain in my joints just ruined it all. Had I taken an ibuprofen before gym, the fever pains would have gone, but right then and there it was too late. Tried some seal rows and got one good set, although my whole spine was aching after lol.

20 feb
deadlifts 185kg x 10, left glute med felt tight but no sting. I will go for another round of PRP+hyalur since the tightness is progressing as weights go up. Still feels many levels improved compared to before. My grip failed at the last rep.

22 feb
log press 65kg x 5,5,10
pullups x 18,18,20
seated ezbar overhead tri extension 60kg x 16 drop 50kg x 9 drop 40kg x 9
concentration curls 16kg x 20
huge strength increases, the test is working.

24 feb
single leg deadlift, worked up to a set of 5 with 80kg then 4 with 90kg, which is a massive PR, and no stinging pain on the left glute medius.
leg press calves 150kg x 30 RP 18 RP 15

Return to “Anarchy Zone”