Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anastasios

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Anastasios » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:12 pm

I call this the pizzerias Mackapär. Got it for
$1k which is basically junkyard level stuff but does the job. The clutch pedal is missing a spring and we can't seem to find one without ordering a whole new system, so the clutch has been very stiff, and a while ago I got used to the stiffness and used a bit too much force until one morning I popped the pedal LOL. Somehow got it in neutral and stopped, then shoved the car for the gears cogs to release, went back in and got in first gear, then started with first and drove it back home. Hopefully it won't cause more trouble. At least once a month they have these big campaigns and I buy big, once I bought 430 boxes of coca cola products, 20 cans each box, that's a fuck load of carrying lol I filled the basement. Calculated how much to buy based on expiry date. This adds a ton of work before and after work, and I work 7 days a week. I started doing this since the end of pandemic and the start of rampant inflation. Suppliers jacked up prices and I knew it was BS. The countries second biggest restaurant supplier has this game where they have extraordinary campaign, prices almost at the level other suppliers buy stuff, but they don't deliver to the restaurant, you have to pick it up yourself. I undercut my competition this way.
Attachments
IMG_20240426_095616.jpg
IMG_20240426_095616.jpg (3.63 MiB) Viewed 416 times

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 am

Luigi wrote:Did a successful Hepburn bench session at 235, mostly sets of 3 reps. Tendons slightly strained but not much. The main strain was in my right shoulder which is slightly tweaked. Technically I will have done all the Hepburn sessions I set out for myself after this Friday's session, but I might keep going just because the progress is constant and I seem to be slowly healing my tendons despite that.

I've been looking into my injury and it seems to have started here, recorded in this post from Feb 28. It seems at this point I started to experience wear on my rotator cuff. The minor wear would mostly be healed when I slept well, but every time since then that I got a bad sleep the situation worsened. Significantly in mid-March for 3 days strait I had to drive for hours on end while still dealing with work and sleeping basically nothing, less than 3 hours per night for sure. In early April I moved and this had the effect of making my good sleeps lower quality. The deterioration was very rapid after that. April 9 my body is extremely sore and I work at a very low weight to allow myself a chance to heal more. Up to this point my progress has been rapid and constant despite the pain. Then April 12 I go heavy and have a very successful session until the last set where I fail, then come back later and get it. The next session, April 16, I expect to feel like trash as I did after my previous heavy session, yet I actually felt much better than then so decided to go heavy again. It was this session I noticed things were noticeably worse and I was injured. Not just a bit of wear, a real injury. Its unclear if it happened during this session or in the previous one. Since then I have had symptoms consistent with a frayed or torn rotator cuff.

So it seems at the end of February my rotator cuff started to become slightly damaged, in March this didnt get much worse, then in April it did get much worse rapidly and either April 12 or April 16 it became significantly more damaged during a session. What makes me think its not a 100% tear is that at no point either in a session or otherwise has there been an intense pain. Almost always I wasnt even thinking about the minor pain in my shoulder because my bicep tendons hurt much more. When I do squats the tendons in my legs hurt much more. The level of pain in my shoulder seems entirely insufficient for a serious injury. Is there something wrong with the body where it generates the proper pain signal for all parts of your body besides your rotator cuff? Yet, I know there is something wrong, because from April 16 there was an extreme reduction in strength in my right side, and if I reach my right arm all the way up its painful. Not super painful, just enough to be annoying. So clearly its something. Another thing that makes me hopeful its not a full tear is that I see all these symptoms online that I dont have, for example popping and clicking sounds, and constant pain which makes it impossible to sleep.

So how long will this take to heal? According to the internet, if its a full tear it will take several months and possibly never be the same. If its a partial tear/fraying, it can be anywhere between 2 weeks to several months. Considering it doesnt feel much better after 11 days its safe to say it will be at least several weeks and my gains will be totally wrecked by the time I can do anything productive again.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:45 am

79.2 kg
18.9% bodyfat
According to the shaman

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Luigi wrote:
Luigi wrote:Did a successful Hepburn bench session at 235, mostly sets of 3 reps. Tendons slightly strained but not much. The main strain was in my right shoulder which is slightly tweaked. Technically I will have done all the Hepburn sessions I set out for myself after this Friday's session, but I might keep going just because the progress is constant and I seem to be slowly healing my tendons despite that.

I've been looking into my injury and it seems to have started here, recorded in this post from Feb 28. It seems at this point I started to experience wear on my rotator cuff. The minor wear would mostly be healed when I slept well, but every time since then that I got a bad sleep the situation worsened. Significantly in mid-March for 3 days strait I had to drive for hours on end while still dealing with work and sleeping basically nothing, less than 3 hours per night for sure. In early April I moved and this had the effect of making my good sleeps lower quality. The deterioration was very rapid after that. April 9 my body is extremely sore and I work at a very low weight to allow myself a chance to heal more. Up to this point my progress has been rapid and constant despite the pain. Then April 12 I go heavy and have a very successful session until the last set where I fail, then come back later and get it. The next session, April 16, I expect to feel like trash as I did after my previous heavy session, yet I actually felt much better than then so decided to go heavy again. It was this session I noticed things were noticeably worse and I was injured. Not just a bit of wear, a real injury. Its unclear if it happened during this session or in the previous one. Since then I have had symptoms consistent with a frayed or torn rotator cuff.

So it seems at the end of February my rotator cuff started to become slightly damaged, in March this didnt get much worse, then in April it did get much worse rapidly and either April 12 or April 16 it became significantly more damaged during a session. What makes me think its not a 100% tear is that at no point either in a session or otherwise has there been an intense pain. Almost always I wasnt even thinking about the minor pain in my shoulder because my bicep tendons hurt much more. When I do squats the tendons in my legs hurt much more. The level of pain in my shoulder seems entirely insufficient for a serious injury. Is there something wrong with the body where it generates the proper pain signal for all parts of your body besides your rotator cuff? Yet, I know there is something wrong, because from April 16 there was an extreme reduction in strength in my right side, and if I reach my right arm all the way up its painful. Not super painful, just enough to be annoying. So clearly its something. Another thing that makes me hopeful its not a full tear is that I see all these symptoms online that I dont have, for example popping and clicking sounds, and constant pain which makes it impossible to sleep.

So how long will this take to heal? According to the internet, if its a full tear it will take several months and possibly never be the same. If its a partial tear/fraying, it can be anywhere between 2 weeks to several months. Considering it doesnt feel much better after 11 days its safe to say it will be at least several weeks and my gains will be totally wrecked by the time I can do anything productive again.

Any estimation on recovery time off of a google search is useless. You need to go to a very good physio who can objectively assess the injury. Someone with a good ultrasound machine, my physio does and he gives very good assessments. What movements trigger it, are there any muscular imbalances? How should rehab be for you specifically? That's what they get a salary for, specific assessment and solution for you.

For sure though it doesn't sound like any torn tendon, but probably some damage to it. Not fixing the problem wastes a lot of time and drains a lot of energy though.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:01 am

I asked my GP to get me an ultrasound for my knee and the dog's cunt licking piece of shit sent me for an xray
Ill just take pain killers and die early

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm

A young guy at the gym came up and asked me how long I'd been lifting weights. Then told he wants to be like me in the future. It was nice to hear bit of an ego boost. He should up his ambitions though.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 pm

Maybe his question and later statement were entirely unrelated to each other

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 pm

I need to join a proper gym again soon. I'm being eaten alive by mosquitos up there on my patio.

When you're in the middle of a set and there's a mozzie on you leg, do you finish the set or stop and kill the fucker?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:18 am

Finish the set. It's like forging mjölner.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 pm

I dont feel the bitees after the first few of the season, the only thing I dont like is when the little cunts make that noise near my ear when im almost asleep on a stiffling summer night just as the last of spring's cool air kisses my cheek and I fade into slumber some little bblack cunt does a fly by my ear

Return to “Anarchy Zone”