Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Luigi » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:56 pm

Tuesday I had a bench day, the first day trying Hepburn program A. Interestingly it ended up being very similar to what I usually do, many sets of 2 reps, just usually I burn myself out with a few hard reps of 4-5 first. An online guide said this should be at about 80% of your 1rm, but I did 15 pounds more because I knew it could only be challenging as a cardio exercise otherwise. After 16 reps I was technically done, yet it felt strange to do so little volume so I kept going but did the rest of my volume at the real 80% so a much easier time. It was nice actually, Basically it was like a normal session but 40% of the time the weight was lighter. I trust the program to be sufficient and it should certainly help with recovery, somewhat ironically. Speaking of which, as a recovery update my bicep tendons felt stressed yet relatively healed, but, my left delt got majorly tweaked. Its strange because it doesnt really hurt, a bit of discomfort but not much, yet it was very obviously affecting my strength on my left side. Most reps were going up lopsided before I reached full extension.

The next day was squat day. Another day where I had to deal with girl drama 5 mins before the workout yet put that aside and had a great workout. It was also a bit of a milestone for me, as I did 3 sets of 6 at 330 lbs, which is the weight I would use to train when doing squats with a reduced range of motion when still teaching myself to squat. So basically what I was lifting mostly with my hip flexors a year ago I can now lift in proper parallel squats.

I then woke up for work 3 hours later, and somehow blasted out a productive work day with a rekt nervous system and a few hours sleep. That was yesterday, today my hamstrings are on fire despite it being almost 48 hours later.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:03 am

Diet Butcher wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Wearing red today for honor ancestor.

red for ginger day? btw, have you heard of international kiss a ginger day? I think it was last month.

True racial purity.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:42 pm

Som-Pong wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Wearing red today for honor ancestor.

red for ginger day? btw, have you heard of international kiss a ginger day? I think it was last month.

True racial purity.

Mother nature'ss mistake, serious design fault annd universally hated

The west hatees them, the hill tribesmen of PNG kill them the Pajeets think they bbring a curse onto the home they are born into

They all cant be wrong especially the Tribesmen

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:37 am

Diet Butcher wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:hey team week-off. Chinky new year starts soon, and it's cold af. taking the week off while I hand out red envelopes.

Korean new year?

chink. gook. all the same to you Prajeet.

Pajeet, you of all people shouldnt be using uneccessary R's you plick

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:03 am

Been wanted to get back to benching every 4 days instead of 5 or 6, so I did another session today. Went a bit lighter on the weight to try to go easy on the tendon. It basically went well, but since I am out of town and had to go to a gym I decided to mess around with some dumbells doing a dumbell press after my top sets. The load was 70 lbs less than my top sets so theoretically it should have been easy, but I was going for kinda high reps and basically I think just balancing the dumbells was straining the tendon, so my attempt to be safe and healthy was kinda a fail. Oh well.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:16 am

Lets talk steroids annd other sups

whos using what?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:31 pm

Creatine and oatmeal. Which is what I look like.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:00 pm

Im just on protein powder which isnt a sup I guess

I bought 2kg of oatmeal for $2.60 after months of buying boxes of those individually packged servings of oatmeal with various flavourings added like cinimon and brown sugar, such a rip off for no real added convenience imo

What you adding to your oatmeal?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:10 pm

I hear nowadays it's easier for a chick who identifies as a dude to get testosterone from the doc than old fucks like us who actually needs it. Fuck this world.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:27 pm

Def the case in australia, if your levels fall in line with whats "normal" IE the same as some vegaterian 98 year old Pajeet who has practised non violence and non hygine all his life you cant get it even as a 25 year old male

If youre a 9 year old girl whho doesnt feel comfortable in her own skin they practically gve it to you OTC no questions asked.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”