Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anastasios

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Anastasios » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:37 pm

Som-Pong wrote:Understood.
I've really been enjoying the feel of the dumbell rows and the lat prayers though, feels like more precise targeting.

Up to you but if you are getting too tired doing too many exercises cut them out, or cut out the other extra exercises on other days.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:40 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
I've really been enjoying the feel of the dumbell rows and the lat prayers though, feels like more precise targeting.

DO DB rows instead of BB rows and apply what he said about volume and intensity

Doing a rest or deload week nextt week so was going to skip DL day but went anyway, felt tireed AAF all day then ended up getting one of the besty DL/Back sessions in I ever have in terms of volume and feel

DL warmed up 5,3 then singles all the way up to my wokring set of 190KG x 13 (failure)

****After crying in the corner for 15 mins ****

Assisted chins 3 by failure droping a plate a set in assistance

seated chect supported rows pretty strict form 3 platees each side on the unilateral machine 6 reps

bunch off pulls downs 70-90kg didnt really take note

Those hybrid pull down bicepe curls things 2 sets at 70kg

bunch of curls

went home

Great work mate you have them uga buga strength genes!

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:23 am

Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

DO DB rows instead of BB rows and apply what he said about volume and intensity

Doing a rest or deload week nextt week so was going to skip DL day but went anyway, felt tireed AAF all day then ended up getting one of the besty DL/Back sessions in I ever have in terms of volume and feel

DL warmed up 5,3 then singles all the way up to my wokring set of 190KG x 13 (failure)

****After crying in the corner for 15 mins ****

Assisted chins 3 by failure droping a plate a set in assistance

seated chect supported rows pretty strict form 3 platees each side on the unilateral machine 6 reps

bunch off pulls downs 70-90kg didnt really take note

Those hybrid pull down bicepe curls things 2 sets at 70kg

bunch of curls

went home

Great work mate you have them uga buga strength genes!

MAO-A as Som'ss fake account Hellfire Awaits would say

The 3R version, which produces less MAO-A, was found in 59% of Black men, 56% of Maori men (an aboriginal New Zealand group), 54% of Chinese men and 34% of Caucasian men. The 2R version, which produces the least MAO-A, is found in 5.5% of Black men, 0.1% of Caucasian men, and 0.00067% of Asian men.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:40 pm

Did bench last night, the good news is my left bicep tendon didnt really hurt, but there is bad news to go along with that. My bench was a little bit too far to the right side so during my last warm up set I tweaked my right bicep tendon. It messed up my mindset going into the top sets and I failed the first 2 before finally getting my head strait in the third set. For two sessions in a row now it seems I am stuck at a plateau. This makes me think I should be starting a new program, but the problem is I dont know if I am really healed enough to start one. Decisions, decisions.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:28 am

Luigi wrote:Did bench last night, the good news is my left bicep tendon didnt really hurt, but there is bad news to go along with that. My bench was a little bit too far to the right side so during my last warm up set I tweaked my right bicep tendon. It messed up my mindset going into the top sets and I failed the first 2 before finally getting my head strait in the third set. For two sessions in a row now it seems I am stuck at a plateau. This makes me think I should be starting a new program, but the problem is I dont know if I am really healed enough to start one. Decisions, decisions.

Honestly bro just casually following you/everyone else and admittedly not knowing much anyway but it seems like youre overthinking things when you get under the bar.

Im guilty of that in life in general so I keep reminding myself of that scene in Wolf of Wall Street that the financial markets are a fugazi or crock of shit in oher words and apply that to life, its all an illusion and then we die so dont get too worked up

That was way too deep for this thread lol so cringe sorry

Coffee and shitting time I think, carry on

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:03 pm

Here is how I do rows

Pointers:
  • Each rep is started with dead weight, and I depress my scapula before starting the rep. Not contract, depress. Contracting is pulling it backwards. Depressing is rotating the scapula DOWN so the shoulder moves down closer to the ribs. At the start of the repetition, the scapula is protracted. At the end of a repetition, the scapula is then contracted. It remains depressed throughout the repetition for shoulder joint stability.
  • I press on the balls of my feet, and get a pulling angle that is not vertical but slightly tilted.
  • I pull with an overhand grip with thumbs over too, it is difficult to pull with biceps and forearms when the thumb is at the same side as your other fingers
  • I pull my elbows back, I don't consciously pull the bar with my hands. The bar just follows without using my forearms and biceps to guide it.
  • I don't keep my backs angle the same throughout the repetition because the lift would become increasingly hard the higher up. I extend my back throughout the ROM. Top end ROM more upright but still low, bottom end ROM very low so scapula gets protracted

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:17 pm

I believe that these are called pendlay rows only you are pulling to tthe waist

Excellent for there

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:31 pm

Yes but usually pendlay rows calls for no back extension. I aim to make the movement smooth and equally difficult throughout the range of motion. If one segment becomes harder, it makes you cheat. When you cheat you usually overstrain your biceps and forearms and pull a muscle there or you pull a muscle in your back because you jerked it. I do create some momentum for the top end ROM but it is very controlled momentum. I also need a continuous measure of performance. If my goal is progressive overload, then the circumstances between sessions must be equal, not adding a rep just because you used more momentum.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:29 pm

"the circumstances between sessions must be equal"

Youre talking about recovery?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:18 pm

Anastasios wrote:Here is how I do rows

Pointers:
  • Each rep is started with dead weight, and I depress my scapula before starting the rep. Not contract, depress. Contracting is pulling it backwards. Depressing is rotating the scapula DOWN so the shoulder moves down closer to the ribs. At the start of the repetition, the scapula is protracted. At the end of a repetition, the scapula is then contracted. It remains depressed throughout the repetition for shoulder joint stability.
  • I press on the balls of my feet, and get a pulling angle that is not vertical but slightly tilted.
  • I pull with an overhand grip with thumbs over too, it is difficult to pull with biceps and forearms when the thumb is at the same side as your other fingers
  • I pull my elbows back, I don't consciously pull the bar with my hands. The bar just follows without using my forearms and biceps to guide it.
  • I don't keep my backs angle the same throughout the repetition because the lift would become increasingly hard the higher up. I extend my back throughout the ROM. Top end ROM more upright but still low, bottom end ROM very low so scapula gets protracted

Back day tomorrow. I'll try something similar. Right now my pendlays are much closer to 90 degrees back angle. Overhand grip with thumb.I have felt way too much engagement from biceps and forearm. Thumbless grip might be the thing.
When I do Lat Pulldowns I extend my index finger like a jihadi. Seems to take the forearms out.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”