Tactless1

Postby Tactless1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:45 am

and dont forget....

Tactless1

Postby Tactless1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:10 am

and..

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:43 am

Hey Masato, if you go to Cork City, find and take a pic of 23 Washington Street. That used to be my family's restaurant address and we lived upstairs. I'm interested to see what it looks like now.

edit* I just googled. It's apparently a Burgerland now.

Masato wrote:OK I'm gone!!!

Leaving for the airport in a few hours.

I'll be back Oct 27, will share some pictures.

I'm leaving our man Luigi in charge this time, because he's awesome :D

Please wish me luck driving on the wrong side of the road lol

Peace&Love 2 All

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:49 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Hey Masato, if you go to Cork City, find and take a pic of 23 Washington Street. That used to be my family's restaurant address and we lived upstairs. I'm interested to see what it looks like now.

edit* I just googled. It's apparently a Burgerland now.

Hey dude, I went to the spot, I hope it's right cuz I didn't see no burger place. It's a Turkish kebab shop.

Is this it??

Oh yeah I got a 40euro parking ticket scoring that pic for ya bud :D lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:12 pm

So this is more or less the trip we took. Not exactly, we had lots of little side roads but basically the trip. Dublin round back to Dublin clockwise, 7 days.

Felt like a dream

We landed at like 5am in Dublin. Very little sleep on the plane, if any.
And yet, I am expected to rent a car and start driving immediately on the highways into Dublin, the opposite side of the road lol

I did fine :D But very trippy lol

We arrived and found parking in Dublin JUST before sunrise. It started getting light just as we found the river. It was cool to see the very early start of the day, the first ones to get commuting and opening up the shops etc.
We found a place for breakfast, and the waitress turned out to be Brazilian, lol My wife and her started talking I thought I was in Brasil again FFS

Trinity College in Dublin:

They had a Book of Kells exhibit. Some original books under glass (no photos). Was pretty amazing

Huge ancient library with 1000-year old collections and sculpted heads of influential figures from the College and from History.

This is the actual harp that the Guinness logo (and tons of other Irish things) is based on.
The plaque is confusing, it tells you what it's NOT, but no info on what it actually is..? Need to look more. Says nothing about it or am I reading this wrong?

This was in one of the courtyards at Trinity College. No plaque, no name, no credit or description anywhere.
I seem to remember a conspiracy thread where these things had been popping up in important places all over the world, mysteriously. I haven't looked again but I wonder if any of that is true because it looked really out of place.

More stuff walking around Dublin.
We didn't spend too much time, I still had to drive a ways and we were pretty tired

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Next we drove to our first booked accommodation in a town called Graiguenamanagh.
I didn't even try to pronounce it even once lol.

Little town in the country, this place was heaven

I booked this place on VRBO to stay in an old stone barn renovation in the countryside. Super cheap but also super beautiful
It looks like junk from the outside but it was renovated well enough inside, it was warm and dry. Had a fireplace and everything

entrance:

view:

Sweet little town. The pub had a fireplace, and everyone seemed to know each other like it was normal

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Next day was just to explore the area, we had 2 nights in Graigerusghorwhatever the fuck the name is lol

Some stuff we saw:

Castle Kilkenny - we could go inside and look around

SO MANY GREAT PAINTINGS!!!!

There was a field out fron and all the catholic school kids were out on lunch. All the boys carried HURLING sticks. We chatted with a few, fun kids. Cool they get to walk by the castle every day imo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”