IRELAND roadtrip

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Diet Butcher

Re: Anyone been to IRELAND?

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:27 pm

Masato wrote:That accent vid is very funny btw :D

It's the same in the UK. Paddy Pimblett's Liverpool accent and Michael Bisping's Manchester accents are like night and day. And the drive from Liverpool to Manchester is the same as the drive from Toronto to Hamilton!

As for driving on the wrong side of the road... I was too young to drive in Ireland. But my dad had to make the switch and he did OK. Being Asian to boot, lol :lol:

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:17 am

Driving on the other side of the road for an asian might even have positive benefits

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 pm

theraskal wrote:I've a bit of Irish in me....among other things. A Great_____Grandfather immigrated from Cork County. He married a Native Indian woman in USA and lived as part of the tribe and their offspring remained living/marrying as part of the tribe until some years/generations later, Trail of Tears and all that.....eventually people mixing more.....migrations, mixing and here I am :)

this is all documented and I am a documented blood-tribal member, and I won't give out any more personal info than that. There are a lot of cultural similarities between the Celtic-Peoples and Native American Peoples and so there seemed a natural mixing when these peoples came together.

That spirited "Last of the Mohicans" Theme song captured this blending of these cultures.(my ancestors were all a part of that history captured in that film too)

so I hope to get over that way to Ireland in the future to visit the place where some of my Ancestors came from

here is a beautiful rendition of an Irish tune for this thread:

Nice. Believe it or not I am currently writing a screenplay with a mix of Irish and Native Canadian from where I was born on Vancouver Island.

Did I misunderstand that you also have Japanese blood?

Interesting genetics, Raskal!

I imagine there are many many real stories of Irish emigrates through history and different countries.
So many stories...
:shock:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:17 pm

I think I'm more excited about this trip than any other trip.

My soul has always been enchanted with Ireland, but I don't know why.

Feels like going to see a dream, or a past life or something.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:21 am

^^according to the GFs father's logic I am of Japanese descent by default due to my Native Indian genetic as he explained to his friends one evening during which they had indulged in a bit too much of 'the drink' :mrgreen:

unlike many Japanese he does not drink too much and so it does not take much for him to loosen the tongue. I also do not drink too much. 2 is usually enough for me. On rare occasion I will have a 3rd or very rarely a 4th pour.

and sounds to be an interesting screenplay you're working on Masato!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:40 pm

He's just coping with his daughter dishonoring the family.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:52 am

^they flew to the states to investigate after her revelation of me......she's a handful.....so after having met me they were rather relieved she had partnered up with such a square and so ENCOURAGED the relationship for fear that she would end up some yellow-cab and/or partnered up with some LOWbred Colonial CUR RiffRaff instead of a SMART raskal like myself :mrgreen:

I certainly won't say that she's the "perfect partner"....but "the Devil you KNOW......" and when I see the threads on forums complaining about woman problems I'm not sure I wish to trade my devil for a worse one!

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:06 am

Gratitude is key.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:11 am

Masato wrote:I think I'm more excited about this trip than any other trip.

My soul has always been enchanted with Ireland, but I don't know why.

Because you are drawn to people equally as stupid as you maybe?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:42 am

A long 2 and a half minutes for this guy I'd imagine

:D

Return to “Anarchy Zone”