The sports hypocrisy:

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

The sports hypocrisy:

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 pm

- First i would like to ask sorry for the erros, they are gonna be more frequent in this thread than my others, it's 22:25 here, so it's late.^^

After Shael fiasco(didn't knew another word, feel free to correct-me), the Victor and Wand drama, and all the other athletes that had failed their tests on all those years, the eternal stigma of a roider has paired over those guys and women head's.

People criticise Sonnen for using politics in his dopping game, but this isn't something new, Sonnen and the other athletes are the wekeast link in the fairytaile chain of the sports, if they spoken up, they are the more afected and looked down by the general public, that has this vision that we should hold those competitors in hight standart than the normal man.(That allowed to cheat, lie, steal, we all can forgive that no?).

But god forgive if a athlete, a man or woman that his job is making money of his performance uses some substance to enhance his abillity, if he does this, that person is judged as the worst criminal this world has ever seen.
There are no clean highperformance sports, and the head of those sports could care less about this, they are making very good money of those athletes blood, sweat and tears, they could care less about their health too.

Edited: ADD

The job of antidopping agencys is to clean the sport's(or make looks like this), but if they actually did they job right, they would go out of business, the same with the athletic comissions.
They only need to make the sport's look clean, like a restaurant kitchen.(What our eyes don't see, or body don't feel).
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:24 am

Great post, Edge

The anti-doping laws may have good intentions but it is completely naive to think they will really 'clean up the sport'. (just like drug laws in society, they simply don't work)

I say come out in the open about it - I posted in another thread that maybe 'clean' fighters could earn more $$, or that the issue is discussed publicly as matchmaking is done. Both fighters have to state if they are on or not, and both fighters have to agree to those conditions (a clean fighter can turn down a doped fighter for example)

Lots of creative possibilities, the way it is handled now is just a futile effort amongst a bunch of lies and deceit.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:31 pm

Edited to clean it up for others

Edge Guerrero wrote:- First i would like to ask your forgiveness for the errors, they are gonna be more frequent in this thread than my others. It's 22:25 here, so it's late.^^

After the Shael fiasco, the Victor and Wand drama, and all the other athletes that had failed their tests throughout all those years, the eternal stigma of a roider has loomed over those guys' and gals' heads.

People criticize Sonnen for using politics in his dopping game, but this isn't something new, Sonnen and the other athletes are the weakest link in the metaphorical chain of the sports. If they speak up, they are more affected and looked down on by the general public, who have this vision that we should hold those competitors in higher standards than the normal man.(That being that they are allowed to cheat, lie, steal, we all can forgive that, right?).

But god forbid if an athlete, a man or woman that his job is making money based on his performance uses some substance to enhance his abillity. If they do this, the person is judged as the worst criminal this world has ever seen.
There are no clean high-performance sports, and the head of those sports could care less about this, they are making very good money off of those athlete's blood, sweat and tears. They could care less about their health either.

Edited: ADD

The job of antidopping agencies is to clean the sport's(or make it look to be so), but if they actually did their job right, they would go out of business, the same with the athletic commissions.
They only need to make the sport's appearance clean, like a restaurant kitchen.(What our eyes don't see, or body don't feel).

Personally I dont buy the whole "no sport is clean, everyone does it" sentiment. I saw an anonymous poll done on pro mma fighters on the percentage of PED users and the average of reported estimates was 50%. Since the vast majority pass their drug test on game day Im going to interpret this as roughly 50% of mma fighters use PEDs in the off season and cycle off of them when they have a fight coming up. Another significant development is that the ufc is seeing more and more random drug tests, which should act as a deterrent for potential PED users. GSPs VADA campaign could have a similar effect. Personally I dont support PED use and would prefer to see who is the best in the world without synthetic agents in their bloodstream.

Edit: I forgot to mention that your restaurant kitchen analogy was excellent.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:01 am

Luigi wrote:Personally I dont buy the whole "no sport is clean, everyone does it" sentiment. I saw an anonymous poll done on pro mma fighters on the percentage of PED users and the average of reported estimates was 50%. Since the vast majority pass their drug test on game day Im going to interpret this as roughly 50% of mma fighters use PEDs in the off season and cycle off of them when they have a fight coming up. Another significant development is that the ufc is seeing more and more random drug tests, which should act as a deterrent for potential PED users. GSPs VADA campaign could have a similar effect. Personally I dont support PED use and would prefer to see who is the best in the world without synthetic agents in their bloodstream.

Edit: I forgot to mention that your restaurant kitchen analogy was excellent.

- In the Joe Rogan podcast whit Victor Conte, he say that he believes that about 50% or so of the MMA fighters use PED's.
The thing in the small orgs the payment is so low, that they can't aford, even if the test it's cheap, if they go to the black market, they are gonna spend a good chunk of money.

I think fair less than 20% use, i know MMA fighters that can't aford evensuplements.

To avoid the AD test, like the olypic, you only need to use short life substances, they aren't gonna test the athletes whem they are sleeping.
The more the game evolves money, the more is the porcentage of players on PED, i believe several of the fighters on the lower totem of UFC are clean, They can't aford a doctor to help them.

Yes, the majority of them are clean in the fight day, taking shots in the week close to the match is detrimental to performance.

I personaly like the TRT, the problem it's they use another drug's, and whem stop cycling the body shut's down the test producton of some time, so to bring the levels to the normal production they use TRT.

The kitchen saying is a brasilian saying, i botched a little, he says:

- What our eyes can't see, our heart don't feel.

Masato wrote:Great post, Edge

The anti-doping laws may have good intentions but it is completely naive to think they will really 'clean up the sport'. (just like drug laws in society, they simply don't work)

I say come out in the open about it - I posted in another thread that maybe 'clean' fighters could earn more $$, or that the issue is discussed publicly as matchmaking is done. Both fighters have to state if they are on or not, and both fighters have to agree to those conditions (a clean fighter can turn down a doped fighter for example)

Lots of creative possibilities, the way it is handled now is just a futile effort amongst a bunch of lies and deceit.

- I don't believe they wan't to clean the sport, it's more lucrative of don't cleaning, and sometimes get a scape goat as a example.
If they really cared about the health of the fighters, they wouldn't allow the absurds weight cut's.

I can agree with you and Luigi with a more clean sport, would be good for all parts if they toped with the Neverland historys and let the athletes use what's is health to them., instead of cycling several dangerous drugs.

Victor Conte on Joe Rogan

Dorian talks a little about, i don't agree with him tought, the reason with more people having problems with MCdonalds is that are more people eating Mcdonalds food than using steroids, playing with our endocrinal system the way the bodybuilders do isn't health even in the short run:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:25 am

Masato wrote:Great post, Edge

- You'r idea it's good, i personally wouldn't have a problem facing someone on low doses of test, but i would have issues facing a guy that is in more roids than Bane.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:32 am

- Ps: Thank you Luigi for cleaning my post^^

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:32 pm

^No problem man, we all have those moments when we dont write perfectly. And I agree with your idea that the higher tier mma fighters have more money and therefore more of them probably use PEDs.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:

It always amazes me how the common machinery of the mind produces similar ideas across different languages. The same sentiment can be seen in the english saying "what you dont know cant hurt you" or "ignorance is bliss".

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:01 am

Luigi wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

It always amazes me how the common machinery of the mind produces similar ideas across different languages. The same sentiment can be seen in the english saying "what you dont know cant hurt you" or "ignorance is bliss".

- I lost the account of how manny times i saw this saying on movies or Comic-book's.
Those saying it's like wrestling, every culture has a form of wrestling that envolves pinning the back of the person on the groud, even if those cultures never interacted before.
IN Brasil in the Marajo Islands, they havethe Luta Marajoara, probably the grappling of the greeek's wasn't even relationed to the modern wrestling of today.

Even in the animal kingdon, the mammal predators usually play this way.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:25 am

^Definately. Much of our ways of life are written in our dna, programmed in our brains.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”