Extreme Camping

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Extreme Camping

Postby Masato » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Looks fun. I stayed in a tent in the desert for 3 days once. I guess that counts as camping.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Luigi wrote:Looks fun. I stayed in a tent in the desert for 3 days once. I guess that counts as camping.

- I'm afraid to sleep in my own backyard.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:10 am

^ well you do live in Brasil lol

I was fortunate enough to have a friend in highschool, who:

a) had a strong pickup truck
b) had a brain for remembering maps/directions
c) had maps of all the back logging roads (I did highschool in heavily forested areas)
d) had parents who trusted him to go exploring

Dude would take me and usually 1 other for overnight hikes/camps. He would drive us for like 3-5 hours into the bush (if he died we'd be LOST lol) and park somewhere obscure. Sure enough there'd be a trail there of some sort and sure enough it got us to some kickass place.

My favourite was a place called Fang Mountain. This was the only picture I could find online, but I believe this is not even the top; it goes up one more level (from where the pic was taken)... and at the top there was another lake like this, with a skinny peninsula and a little round 'island' in the middle. We uses to camp on that island.

On the trail to the top, you could see huge cave entrances. We went in a few times but they are fucking deep and scary. My friends went 1 time without me, and tell a story how they got lost down there once in the caves. Like fucking Gandalf, by out-doorsy friend was the only one who could eventually figure it out and find their way back. Fuckin scary man.

THEN a year or so later, my father met a man from England who had come to explore and map out those caves (apparently they are HUGE but no one had ever really properly explored them). I was invited to go with him and his team for 1 day. I put my life entirely in his hands and followed him for HOURS into this same cave system. Dude was CRAZY, he was singing songs and making jokes the whole way. He had his son with him too, who was younger than me but also showed no fear. Another non-caver who was invited like me panicked about 30 minutes in and had to go back.

The leader would squeeze himself through things just to see what was on the other side. Sometimes he would exhale all his lungs to wriggle through, then on the inhale he'd be stuck. Other times he would go through water-logged pockets with only inches of space to breathe. I was pissed at him for doing that because if he did get stuck we were all in big trouble.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:59 am

Masato wrote:^ well you do live in Brasil lol

- Here is safe.
Because of the humans, we barelly have any spiders left.

There's a big chance of i gettin atacked by the saguis than gettin assauted by other human.:)

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:12 pm

^If you do that stuff in Ontario be sure to stay away from Hamilton and Caledonia. I have worked in the bush all over Ontario and nowhere has ticks like they do there.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:27 pm

^ Hey Luigi

no these were all in BC. My outdoor experience in Ontario is limited. Though I am curious about the famous canoe potage routes. When the kids get older I would love to do some of those with kayaks

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Masato wrote:

- Where is this place?
Looks like a scenario in a plataform game like Sonic.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:46 pm

I live in hamilton son, whatchoo talking bout willis, I've never so much as seen a tick up in this bitch.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:37 am

Your probably in the city, the outskirts of town with a more rural setting is where the little demons live.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”