My new fovorite video fx guy

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Flying Eye Angle

My new fovorite video fx guy

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 pm

This guys stuff makes me want to go to school for video fx just to learn how to do this stuff. Super trippy stuff.

Here are some of his vids.

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Wow, this guy is really talented.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:51 pm

If you guys ever wanna start playing with this kind of animation, I would be more than happy to create some 'puppet' characters where all the body parts are on layers so you can marionette them around

Let me know if have any ideas for characters, I'll whip em up

I make animatics all the time with my job, I create layered files and then send em to an animator to make them move, I've done hundreds of em but never did any of the animating. I can illustrate or shoop them, or even combinations of both lol

If someone wants to get good at this we'd make a great team, could make some epic vids

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Masato wrote:If you guys ever wanna start playing with this kind of animation, I would be more than happy to create some 'puppet' characters where all the body parts are on layers so you can marionette them around

Let me know if have any ideas for characters, I'll whip em up

I make animatics all the time with my job, I create layered files and then send em to an animator to make them move, I've done hundreds of em but never did any of the animating. I can illustrate or shoop them, or even combinations of both lol

If someone wants to get good at this we'd make a great team, could make some epic vids

Im learning some basics now. After 1 or 2 videos I hopefully will have it down enough to make some decent looking stuff. Forced to keep it simple while im learning the different animation tools in after effects. So much things that I wann do, but have to slow down and learn 1 fundamental at a time. I get distracted from finishing stuff sometimes because of being entertained by watching fx and filming tutorial vids

This Ronda Rousey Land video is definitely the longest project Ive done yet. Should learn a lot of stuff from it in the animation department. I guess Ill know if Im getting better from random internet peoples comments or video views. I learn a lot from random peoples constructive criticism even though it can be tough sometimes. Ive noticed some people dont like to spread their vids around because of it. Being new at something is always rough

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:27 am

^ fuck the comments man

I have learned that if you take your own time to make something funny and new for MMA fans, they will dig it. 1% will shit on it no matter what it is but fuck em

It sound like you are just exercising your craft right now, like assignments at art-school. If one day you decide to really try to make something great, then feedback might be worth listening to but for now just do your thing man, I guarantee MMA fans will love it

Can't wait to see it!!!! I would ask more about but I'm guessing you're gonna leave it for surprises :)

Super stoked to have you on board man, I've been super busy lately but you and EOW have really inspired me to learn some animation/editing software. I've been scared for a long time (I don't like computers much) but its too tempting, I've been robbing myself of something I KNOW I would enjoy.

Keep going man, I will await Ronda-Rousey Land patiently :)

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:45 pm

I'm gonna keep the animation simple for this one. Its a lot of new stuff I'm learning. Gonna stuck to just learning how to walk. Learning how to use Gimp at the same time. Been using paint.net for a while because i didn't know gimp was a much better free photo editing program, plus it can export as Photoshop docs for after effects.

I'll say there is a ronda monster, a giant robot Ronda, and a super sayin Ronda. Some rondas will and some will die. I'm thinking dead Rondas will make Ronda haters happy. Its taken me days to just get all the Ronda together, and find the best tutorials on animation basics and camera movement

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:11 pm

- How much time takes to do this?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- How much time takes to do this?
Depends how much and what is being done. Some stuff can be done quickly and some could take days or weeks. The more tricks and shortcuts you learn can make stuff take less time though

Return to “Anarchy Zone”