Icelandic hymn sung in German train station

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
johnkilo

Icelandic hymn sung in German train station

Postby johnkilo » Thu May 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Sounds incredible... great acoustics (and singers of course).

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu May 29, 2014 6:52 pm

- Nice video.
I miss the boy bands, Back street, Five.(No romo)
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 31, 2014 9:17 am

What are you talking about edge?? lol I hate those fucking groups

I wanna add 'subtitles' to the lyrics in the OP but maybe that would be rude lol

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Masato wrote:What are you talking about edge?? [b]lol I hate those fucking[/b] groups

I wanna add 'subtitles' to the lyrics in the OP but maybe that would be rude lol

- :mrgreen:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 31, 2014 7:05 pm

I can't stand any kind of manufactured music in general.

My girlfriend in highschool LOVED the backstreet boys, lol... she had their pictures all over her bedroom walls; I hated it

But she was also a huge madonna fan and had THIS poster right next to her bed; I loved it :)

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Masato wrote:I can't stand any kind of manufactured music in general.

My girlfriend in highschool LOVED the backstreet boys, lol... she had their pictures all over her bedroom walls, I hated it

But she was also a huge madonna fan and had THIS poster right next to her bed, I loved it :)

- Maybe the big music record labels have small studios( just like the big car farbics have small brands), and the big movie studios have minor studios, you cold aim to a lot of diferent demografics that way, and make good money.

The small records label would atract artists\talents that don't want to work with the big ones for a reason or another, but uknowingly they are working for them?

You cold dig(garimpar?) raw talent, some of them will make the transition for the big ones, some of them no, but you cold reach a huge demografic.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 pm

^ good point Edge, we never always know truly where things are coming from.

There is even some good conspiracy lore suggesting that most of the musical stars of the 60s/70's hippie generation was manufactured to re-direct the TRUE anti-war hippie movement into a reckless and self-serving culture of drugs and sex (see; Laurel Canyon)

My favourite band however (NOFX) made their own record label to stick it to the music industry. Bob Marley had Tuff Gong Records, etc...

Of course a lot of good groups like you say work for bigger labels who may or may not have some kind of cultural agenda... but at least they got big/popular in part because they actually have talent and people like their music. Do you really think 'Nikki Minaj' has more than 2 ounces of real talent? Do you really think she created this empire from grassroots by her own wits? lol Boy Bands are AUDITIONED ffs

What I despise is the stuff that is clearly created by a team of rich producers, and then fed a multi-million$ budget to market it EVERYWHERE overnight. A lot of pop music is not 'popular' because people are actually choosing it, but because we have no choice but see and hear it everywhere we go, and they sucker the youth into believing that it's popular on its own merits. Usually this kind of music is void of lyrical substance and is mostly just empty sexually-charged nonsense meant to put kids in a trance and give in to their more primitive desires.

I have a daughter that's 10, and I am AMAZED how fast this manufactured pop-culture gets into their heads. Once a song comes out, it takes like 24 hours before every kid in school has already heard the song 100x, seen the videos, memorized the lyrics... schools are using it for presentations etc. Same with movies; that 'Frozen' movie went STRAIGHT to the kids psyche with full force. Even churches here were playing it on 'movie nights' (so ironic, if they only knew the occult foundations of Disney philosophy lol)

Gotta keep it real, man.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 31, 2014 10:05 pm

Here's another gem on the same topic, predicting an end one day to the outdated big music industry and a return to what music should have always been really about:

Dinosaurs Will Die:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:56 pm

- That's how the industry works, they feel something, and keeps trying till oversaturaction.
The 80's was filled with badass heros, the guys were on unhealth amounths o trenbolone, the charcters portrayed usually somked( I think it's was the notion of cool at that time), the characters were selfish, the noble Spider-man type of hero stopped being acceptable, they lauched generic badasses, with autodestructive tendences.

The same was happenning on music, i think Ozzy was one of the feel that didn't make music about dungeous, and Bon Jovi.:)
Good thing that movies like Battery not Included, Johnny 5000 in Short circuit, Bengi the dog, and Howard Mandel charcter in Walk like a man(correct movie), and Jackie chan keep the things on the track.^^

The 90's and 2000's were more level headed in my opnion.

But money makes people like producers greed, that's why several artists sign contracts to keep control of they creations.
Seeing a creation of yourself being ruined is painfull, it's a violation.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:34 pm

Masato wrote:^ good point Edge, we never always know truly where things are coming from.

There is even some good conspiracy lore suggesting that most of the musical stars of the 60s/70's hippie generation was manufactured to re-direct the TRUE anti-war hippie movement into a reckless and self-serving culture of drugs and sex (see; Laurel Canyon)

- We cold say the same thing about the stars of the 80's,90's and 2000's.
People care so much about being diferent to the others, that several of them end looking equal, dressing the same way, listing to the same bands and only creating a new trend, aka hippies, emos, gothics.

My favourite band however (NOFX) made their own record label to stick it to the music industry. Bob Marley had Tuff Gong Records, etc...

Of course a lot of good groups like you say work for bigger labels who may or may not have some kind of cultural agenda... but at least they got big/popular in part because they actually have talent and people like their music. Do you really think 'Nikki Minaj' has more than 2 ounces of real talent? Do you really think she created this empire from grassroots by her own wits? lol Boy Bands are AUDITIONED ffs

- I didn't got the Minja succees, i stoped following music between 2007\2008, i like pop music, but in my time was when Britney, Cristina Aguilera and other made sucess.
I agree with you about boy-band and etc, the same with the movie industry, we see people very talented vanish, like Val Kilmer, but he has nobody more than herself to blame, on the other hand Keanu still around, but he is a cool and charismatic guy.

What I despise is the stuff that is clearly created by a team of rich producers, and then fed a multi-million$ budget to market it EVERYWHERE overnight. A lot of pop music is not 'popular' because people are actually choosing it, but because we have no choice but see and hear it everywhere we go, and they sucker the youth into believing that it's popular on its own merits. Usually this kind of music is void of lyrical substance and is mostly just empty sexually-charged nonsense meant to put kids in a trance and give in to their more primitive desires.

- This happened with me in my young days, and several other peoples, back in the 90's we didn't had acess to internet, computers were rich kids thing, and even for them the internet used to be really slow.
To you have a idea, i liked martial arts, and rarely used to have something rellated to this on tv, with lucky you cold see a rerun of Bloodsport, or a boxing match of the 70's on ESPN, i used to wait till midnight to watch mma, they showed aleatory matches. I lost the count on how much times i watched Royce vs Ken Shamrock 1, and Roiler vs Sakuraba.

I have a daughter that's 10, and I am AMAZED how fast this manufactured pop-culture gets into their heads. Once a song comes out, it takes like 24 hours before every kid in school has already heard the song 100x, seen the videos, memorized the lyrics... schools are using it for presentations etc. Same with movies; that 'Frozen' movie went STRAIGHT to the kids psyche with full force. Even churches here were playing it on 'movie nights' (so ironic, if they only knew the occult foundations of Disney philosophy lol)

- I love cartoons, i didn't watched Frozen, but i gonna end liking, i am a emotive person.(Nothing can replace The Lion king, The iron giant or Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron(This last one isn't Disney i know), but Up, Despicable Me, Nemo, Ice Age and Rio come close.

Just tell our daughter and son the truth, they keep doing those cartoons and music to make money, butsome people in between cared to teel a story or do good things, Superman or Spider-man are money make juggernauts, but decades ago the kids that created them probably cared enough to create some boyscott type characters that made kid's like me believe that's always someone to keep fighting for us.

Gotta keep it real, man.

- When good mans refuse to fight, the bad ones win.
In the end the world never needed a Superman, only a brave man.

[color=#0000FF] - It's a pop song,[/color]

We are: Ana Johnson

See the devil on the doorstep now
My oh my
Telling everybody, oh just how to live their lives
Sliding down the information highway
Buying in just like a bunch of fools
Time is ticking and we can't go back
My oh my

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”