B1B4BA2A-15A3-428D-8247-1C5E34AB7AF4.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 4601 times

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:11 am

C08DA9DD-35F0-4ACB-BC8D-4B685B438831.jpeg
C08DA9DD-35F0-4ACB-BC8D-4B685B438831.jpeg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 4596 times

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 pm

Great pics, Som! I hope I can get to Thailand someday. I see so many cool images from there. Please share more some times

The trip went great. What a place. Good visit with my dad and bro.

Rockies:

Coming into Vancouver:

Qualicum Beach:

Air B&B I rented in Qualicum. A little farm, they had 2 horses in the back, fruit trees etc:

Hikes around Qualicum Falls
This was cool because I wrote a script where a main location is a chasm like this in BC, great reference

Swimmin Hole;

Rathtrevor Beach. Beaches around here are famous because the tides go way out at low tide. Like WAY out:

Ferry to Denman Island:

Hornby Island:

Hike on Hornby Island:

We missed the ferry. Have to wait a bunch.

Bob Dylan lives:

Still waiting for the ferry, lol. Can't complain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:41 pm

There is a ski mountain on the Island, MOUNT WASHINGTON.

I always had it in my mind that it was a bitch to get to, and that it was shit. Apparently I was wrong. I talked to a bunch of locals and researched online, they say when it snows here it SNOWS, and it can be really great. Also its WAY closer to the places I like on the Island than I thought, its really not that far of a drive. We drove up there and hit the lifts to check it out. I was impressed, the terrain looks quite sweet. I will come ride here one day.

Can you find the Whiskey Jack? :D

Friends in high places:

I don't know what this about, lol. Ski culture can get weird sometimes

This was in a restaurant, framed, beautiful. I wanted it lol. This is where I was born, it is magical lands and waters

Another Air B&B on Quadra Island. Super nice, super cheap. Host was some crazy BC mountaineer expert, had topgraphical maps of remote places in BC, told me some stores of climbing etc:

had a wood stove inside, we fell asleep to firelight

Quadra Island

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:48 pm

I hitchhiiked all around here when I was younger, so I had to pay it back. We only saw 1 hitchhiker, a young man a bit younger then me travelling with his 7 year old daughter.

He only had 1 tooth in the front and smelled really bad, but he was super nice and his daughter was cute as a button. After the ride he asked if I smoked weed, and opened his bag with about 10 jars of herb in it, lol. He said he grows and gave me a pinch.

His daughter smiled at us as said proudly; "That's God's Medicine!" :D she will grow up to quite a woman methinks lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:07 am

This is a favourite hike of mike on Quadra Island, called 'Chinese Mountain'. I had a kind of personal epiphany after hiking this when I was younger, its kinds of a special place for me

Then we drove to port Alberni, where we rented another Air B&B for my brother and my dad to meet us at

Port Alberni:

Cottage we rented near Port Alberni on Sproat Lake:

Me dad and brother all like to play pool so we got this one:

Next day drove to Tofino, on the far pacific coast.

Long Beach, near Tofino. This is real open Pacific Ocean, all the way to Japan.
They were surfing there, but I didn't go this time. The universe had other plans, visiting was more important this time. I sure love watching them though, was good enough

Have I told you yet my brother is a superhero? well he somehow picked the one spot on the whole coast where there was a fight going on. Some young kids domestic dispute but the girl was all wacked out and acting bonkers they kept hitting each other, lol. He looked like he had it under control I thought it was nothing serious, but apparently it got pretty wild and he had to wrestle a shotgun out of their hands that they were carrying in their car, lol then the cops showed up and we ducked away and nobody had to get killed.

We saw a bear in the car on the way out:

Some sunsets at Sproat Lake.

The last evening we started to see some the smoke show up from USA

Mrs Masato, my Dad, & my Brother, last night:

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:09 am

thats amazing bro. lets get together when you get all decompressed.

Im off for a weekend fishing trip with my brother and my son. be back monday,

cheers
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:59 am

The new world sure has epic nature.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:21 pm

Look at all that overpopulation out there. Disgusting
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Canuckster wrote:Look at all that overpopulation out there. Disgusting

Man, I should have taken photos from the plane over parts of Ontario, Manitoba etc. SO much land, as far as the eye can see, almost completely untouched. And we weren't flying that far north, either. Go further north and there is nothing but untouched space for 1000s of miles.

The whole world's population could live in Canada and we'd still have room.

Tofino is getting pretty stupid busy though, lol I wouldn't recommend unless you're hiring a charter or something. Hipster/tourist mecca, but no space to hold em all. We were there on like a Wednesday or something, they say come weekend or holidays its bonkers crowded. a bit sad to see

Return to “Anarchy Zone”