Epic games calls out Apple and asks if we are in 1984

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Illuminat3d0ne

Epic games calls out Apple and asks if we are in 1984

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:53 pm

Fortnite just put on an event out of the blue today where they premiered their video nine-teen-eightyfortnite

So I'll break it down a bit, today epic games announced that they would be reducing the price of their online currency by 20% and that those on apple can now buy the currency straight through epic games and bypass apple making money off every transaction that is made through an apple device

Apples reaction?
BANNED
They banned Fortnite and removed it from the apple app store, fucked up imo

So here's the video which I thought was fucking hilarious

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:43 am

to be fair, why would apple put any resources toward something that doesn't make them money.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Canuckster wrote:to be fair, why would apple put any resources toward something that doesn't make them money.

I can see that perspective but the way I see it is like a free app being on their app store, they don't make money off it besides possible ads and possible financial deal reached to allow it on the store and keeping it on there

Had epic been paying Apple to push their product and then went behind their backs to cut them out of the profits, I would agree with your sentimate but that's not how I'm viewing it initially

The way I see it is that Apple isn't really putting any extra resources into this, they are more just allowing the app on their devices just like Android, pc, Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo but got upset when epic found a way to put apple on the same footing as all of those other companies when it comes to making money off vbuck purchases

Personally I would think this hurts Apple besides just the financial loss.
Having a massive product like fortnite in your store is going to bring people in which will get them to see other products in the store which they can make financially incentives off of

It just seems like a knee-jerk reaction on apples part and personally I enjoyed how epic handled this one, and I don't usually give epic much credit because they can be slimy af in their business ethics as well

It just goes along with apples whole closed system model which I'm strongly against, they try and get every nickle and dime out of everything and don't mind hurting their customers in the process, it's ultra capitalistic which again I'm personally apposed to

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Ok, there might be a lot more to this story, I think I might have missed something because Google just banned fortnite off their app store as well and epic is now suing apple and Google

I still think the video was fucking awesome but maybe there was an agreement between epic and these companies where they would recieve a percentage and epic is going back on it, I'm not sure honestly

Both have banned epic for breaking their terms of service apparently

Unsurprisingly, it may turn out all these big companies are POS who only care about money over their customers
Who could have thunk it lol

Video from Jim sterling below, I haven't watched it yet but he usually doesn't hold back and from the title, is blaming everyone

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Since I don't care about anything Apple and have been sour since epic games abandoned the series and their fans that made them who they are today (unreal tournament) I hope both those shitty companies die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Illuminat3d0ne

Postby Illuminat3d0ne » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:40 pm

Canuckster wrote:Since I don't care about anything Apple and have been sour since epic games abandoned the series and their fans that made them who they are today (unreal tournament) I hope both those shitty companies die of gonorrhea and rot in hell.

Ya, both are shit company's, bad on me for falling for epic's propaganda initially

Good job calling out the bs immediately man

Return to “Anarchy Zone”