No story telling!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

No story telling!

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:45 pm

- Watched The Wrath of Vajra, the concept of the movie was cool. but looks like a new annoying tendence, that the main character is on cheat mode all the movie. The Raid was the same thing. Basically you watch the movie as a showoff for the protagonist. Even Michael Bay Transformers has story telling, Thor. Another one i watched was Kung Fu Bodyguard or something like this!

They're all acting like Dominic Toretto from the Fast and Furious!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:16 pm

I think most of Hollywood has lost its way about what good movies really are and why they should be told.

Revenue and business has made story irrelevant. Movies are made not because a great story has been found, but because they are following formulas of past success to minimize financial risk. Even western movies that pride themselves on their story dept (Pixar, etc) are now just repeating the cookie cutter story formulas so as to stay on brand.

Put enough spectacle, CGI, action, sex, or violence to glitz it up, and the audience today has been tricked into feeling satisfied. We've forgotten what it feels like to have a REAL story told to us that has meaning and purpose, value for the viewer, a hint of truth in it that we take home and ponder.

I sincerely hope for a revolution of storytelling and movies in the near future. Movies today all glorify guns and a host of sinful characteristics as cool or admirable. This is inverted, movies should have way more characters of positive qualities, proper role models for the kids, carriers of myth and symbolism. Making a movie is a powerful thing, it shapes individuals, societies, and even culture and values. And like in Spiderman with great power comes responsibility. Hollywood today is reckless and destructive with this power.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:43 pm

Masato wrote:I think most of Hollywood has lost its way about what good movies really are and why they should be told.

Revenue and business has made story irrelevant. Movies are made not because a great story has been found, but because they are following formulas of past success to minimize financial risk. Even western movies that pride themselves on their story dept (Pixar, etc) are now just repeating the cookie cutter story formulas so as to stay on brand.

Put enough spectacle, CGI, action, sex, or violence to glitz it up, and the audience today has been tricked into feeling satisfied. We've forgotten what it feels like to have a REAL story told to us that has meaning and purpose, value for the viewer, a hint of truth in it that we take home and ponder.

I sincerely hope for a revolution of storytelling and movies in the near future. Movies today all glorify guns and a host of sinful characteristics as cool or admirable. This is inverted, movies should have way more characters of positive qualities, proper role models for the kids, carriers of myth and symbolism. Making a movie is a powerful thing, it shapes individuals, societies, and even culture and values. And like in Spiderman with great power comes responsibility. Hollywood today is reckless and destructive with this power.

- Those are Chinese movies. Thats the problem. Samo Hong, Jet li, Bruce Lee and the master Jackie Chan, they're all good story tellers. Now the movies are just a mess with guys hang on a wire! :cry:

Wolf Warrior was a good movie thought!

* Thats got lost a long time ago. Mannequin: On the Move, Never-ending Story, or Batteries Not Included arre long gone. We are gonna get the reboots and they're gonna suck! :roll:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:50 pm

I am boycotting reboots :D

New myths please, and not from Hollywood pedos

When Hollywood falls it will open the doors for real moviemakers to come back at 1/1000th of the budget and still make way better films.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:50 am

The man who would be king.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”