The Cultural Revolution Erases CBC Broadcaster Today

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Megaterio Llamas

The Cultural Revolution Erases CBC Broadcaster Today

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:17 am

Longstanding CBC inquisitor 'woke' Wendy Mesley was removed today for using inappropriate language in a private meeting, A hard left leaning stalwart for decades, the quick take down of the leftist anchor by the bosses at the commie 'mother corp' shows us that even grand inquisitors of the cultural revolution are not immune and maybe it's best for everyone of a certain age to just step aside and make way for the young generation of nuthinkers in the current great leap forward,

Covid and the cultural revolution together should be the death knell of my generation. Or, at least, that seems to be the plan :D

"Wendy Mesley Suspended From Hosting Duties After Using “Word That Should Never Be Used”

https://www.canadalandshow.com/wendy-me ... he-weekly/

"I hurt people and for that I am very sorry. I am also deeply ashamed."

The CBC has removed veteran broadcaster Wendy Mesley from her position as host of The Weekly with Wendy Mesley, pending an investigation into an incident that occurred during preparations for last Sunday’s episode about Black Lives Matter and the media’s coverage of racism.

“Last Thursday, senior management within CBC News were made aware of an incident involving Wendy Mesley,” the CBC’s head of public affairs, Chuck Thompson, says in a statement. “While we investigate further, Wendy will not be hosting The Weekly. Always respecting the privacy rights of our employees, we have nothing more to add.”

In her own statement emailed to Canadaland, Mesley elaborated on the circumstances.

“In the context of an editorial discussion about current issues regarding race, I used a word that should never be used,” she says. “It was not aimed at anyone, I was quoting a journalist we were intending to interview on a panel discussion about coverage of racial inequality.”

She says she immediately apologized to her co-workers, and recognizes that “this is a word that no one like me should ever use. I made a big mistake and promise to change my behaviour.”

“I was careless with my language and wrong to say it. Regardless of my intention, I hurt people and for that I am very sorry. I am also deeply ashamed.”

The incident is the latest in a series of issues to have emerged during the CBC’s coverage of the protests sparked by the death of George Floyd, which have rapidly reframed even mainstream discussions around the concept of policing. These situations have included Black Lives Matter Toronto co-founder Sandy Hudson describing getting uninvited from a radio appearance after a producer scoffed at the notion of defunding the police; a pair of misleadingly presented news reports concerning NYPD officers driving into protesters; and an internal “solidarity” letter from CBC/Radio-Canada president Catherine Tait that was called out by staff after she neglected to specifically cite anti-Black racism, instead condemning racism against “whatever form it takes – against whatever community.” The CBC subsequently acknowledged its failings in each case.

World Report host Nil Köksal filled in for Mesley on Sunday’s episode of The Weekly, which included a panel discussion with Angelyn Francis and Desmond Cole looking at why journalists of colour can often feel unwelcome in Canadian newsrooms."
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:28 am

Try as we might, the kind of doublethink being effortlessly displayed by Justin Trudeau and this crowd of woke young Canadians in the pandemic is the sort of thing even leftist warhorses like Mesley will never truly master.

As speech becomes more tightly policed I expect speech crimes to take down the older generation as they fail to adapt to the new way of thinking.

el rey del mambo

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:35 am

Again Sweden is ahead. Thousands of elderly people have been fined for hate speech and I believe some have been jailed.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:42 am

Som-Pong wrote:Again Sweden is ahead. Thousands of elderly people have been fined for hate speech and I believe some have been jailed.

Yeah, some really appalling cases as I recall. I can see reeducation camps opening up for us elders if we keep heading in the current direction, killing fields. These commie bastards are poised to take over completely now.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:50 am

This is a very old communist organization in Canada purging one of it's longest serving, most loyal foot soldiers for a speech crime. This tells me speech crimes are about to become serious business here in Canada.
el rey del mambo

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:14 am

Scary times.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”