How are you all handling Lockdown?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Diet Butcher

Re: How are you all handling Lockdown?

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:46 pm

Apart from no gym and no jits, life is exactly the same for me. We're not in total lockdown. Shops and restaurants are still open. Just can't hang out in crowds thats all.

They just extended the closure of all gyms/fitness centres for another 14 days so thats a bummer. Was really looking forward to going back this Thursday.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 pm

There are people price gouging for exercise equipment everywhere
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:58 pm

Som-Pong wrote:
Masato wrote:Do you guys ever get the freakouts?

Like in the middle of the night you wake up still half dreaming and start thinking we're all going Mad Max?

How do you handle this?

I've been able to keep calm most of the time but I've had a few 3ams like this :(

This is all quite normal to me.

What are your remedies?

I find going out and looking at stars helps me a lot. Even before this COIVD stuff and I would get the odd middle of the night existential freakout, this was my go-to remedy.

Sucks when this happens and its cloudy lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Apart from no gym and no jits, life is exactly the same for me. We're not in total lockdown. Shops and restaurants are still open. Just can't hang out in crowds thats all.

They just extended the closure of all gyms/fitness centres for another 14 days so thats a bummer. Was really looking forward to going back this Thursday.

jelly

Canada is way behind and likely will stretch this shit as long as possible

Do you know a lot of 1st or 2nd/3rd hand fatalities in Hong Kong?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Business as usual. I actually picked my career path specifically because its so stable and will always be needed. Im just working from home but otherwise the same. I can sleep in longer and wear pajamas all day, but I do miss the office coffee machine. The worst part is eating take out in my car in parking lots but its not that bad. Today I was throwing bread with ghost pepper sauce on it to the seagulls for a laugh. Also kinda sucks I cant get a haircut but its not like Im chasing girls atm so looking like Doc Brown isn't really an issue. The lack of dating is also nice because I can finally get back into nerd hobbies.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:Apart from no gym and no jits, life is exactly the same for me. We're not in total lockdown. Shops and restaurants are still open. Just can't hang out in crowds thats all.

jelly

You want to arrange some jits for you and I, >>>???<>< i can probably swing space in the gym, ill ask if i can get someone to come train.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Masato wrote:

jelly

There's only 4 deaths here so far. But one of my jits teammate's wife's co-worker's husband who worked in Wuhan was died from it.

We're almost in the clear here. 2 days this week had no new cases. Hope this keeps up so I can be rolling by May 7!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Luigi wrote:Business as usual. I actually picked my career path specifically because its so stable and will always be needed. Im just working from home but otherwise the same. I can sleep in longer and wear pajamas all day, but I do miss the office coffee machine. The worst part is eating take out in my car in parking lots but its not that bad. Today I was throwing bread with ghost pepper sauce on it to the seagulls for a laugh. Also kinda sucks I cant get a haircut but its not like Im chasing girls atm so looking like Doc Brown isn't really an issue. The lack of dating is also nice because I can finally get back into nerd hobbies.

Nice.

What was your chosen career, and how has it remained intact through this situation?

Do you really have Doc Brown hair?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:Business as usual. I actually picked my career path specifically because its so stable and will always be needed. Im just working from home but otherwise the same. I can sleep in longer and wear pajamas all day, but I do miss the office coffee machine. The worst part is eating take out in my car in parking lots but its not that bad. Today I was throwing bread with ghost pepper sauce on it to the seagulls for a laugh. Also kinda sucks I cant get a haircut but its not like Im chasing girls atm so looking like Doc Brown isn't really an issue. The lack of dating is also nice because I can finally get back into nerd hobbies.

Nice.

What was your chosen career, and how has it remained intact through this situation?

Do you really have Doc Brown hair?

I work in insurance, my whole company is working remotely. My hair is actually even messier than that but not grey lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:28 pm

yet
;)

I can dig that style lol

I remember Canuckster telling a tale about meeting a real life Doc Brown once.
It's reassuring in a weird way, lol

I hope you become a great Doc Brown!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”