Thoughts on coronavirus...

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Som-Pong

Re: Thoughts on coronavirus...

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:09 am

The west is going down. Being a patriot is the worst thing ever but go global Gaylord.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:56 am

My buddy is making these:

wonder if they will work

It looks 'official' enough, lol

I am planning to wear a mask when I absoultely have to (supermarkets mostly) but I will write: NOT MY CHOICE, or UNDER DURESS or something like that on it.

wonder how long this will be in effect, how long the public will comply, how long the police will agree to enforce it etc... what crazy times!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:03 am

You don't need the law to enforce this, when the shops will simply refuse you service
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:31 am

I don’t mind the mask. Makes me shadiest.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:13 pm

not posting as proof merely posting for the discussion

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... ctive.aspx
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:14 pm

Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

"Respiratory etiquette is often listed as a preventive measure for respiratory infections. However, there is a lack of scientific evidence to support this measure. Whether respiratory etiquette is an effective nonpharmaceutical intervention in preventing influenza virus transmission remains questionable, and worthy of further research."

"In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10). Study designs in the 7 household studies were slightly different: 1 study provided face masks and P2 respirators for household contacts only (34), another study evaluated face mask use as a source control for infected persons only (35), and the remaining studies provided masks for the infected persons as well as their close contacts (11–13,15,17). None of the household studies reported a significant reduction in secondary laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the face mask group (11–13,15,17,34,35). Most studies were underpowered because of limited sample size, and some studies also reported suboptimal adherence in the face mask group."

From the fucking CDC itself!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:16 pm

73 year old man shot dead by the cops in Ontario over mask dispute:

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/17645148 ... EV4QgZRnAg

Of course the old man is dead now, he won't get to say his side of the story. Cops trying to justify it saying he 'assaulted' the store owner then drove away dangerously or some crap like that, but really, guy's 73 years old living in Minden, he's just pissed off cuz he probably sees through the hype and lost his temper - what could he really have done worth murdering him for?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Shut up and put your mask on you white racist fascist Nazi pig.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:23 pm

OK so today I conformed :(

Made this to use where I have to:
DAY 1

However the first place I went to was a small family-owned business I've been going to for years, very friendly. They were complying 100% with the rules, so with respect to them, I wore the mask but took the tape/message off. We chatted a bit, I told them I thought there was more going on than a virus, and that I resent the mandatory orders etc. She sort of agreed but kept her policy, it was all friendly.

Next spot was a small indian grocer, also family owned. They had the mandatory mask sign on the door, so again I didn't want to cause a scene its not their fault either. Wore the mask/no message.

Next door was a pet food store I needed food for my dog. I'd already gone in 2 places so wtf I went in the third. I bet the lady there would have preferred not to use masks but we went through the charade anyways.

Point is that I took the tape off that said NOT BY CHOICE, and found myself complying with the new rules.

In big corporate stores and public places I think speaking out is good, but personally in smaller locally owned shops etc I felt like kind of a jerk walking around with the NOT BY CHOICE sticker. Is it worth it to potentially make things worse? Provoke? Add tension to an already shitty situation?
Really, I just want my dog food lol

I am hearing that if you enter a store without a mask you're not just risking a fine for you, but you can also get the store owner fined.

Damn they made this one tricky, folks.
Tough choices, I am rather conflicted how I feel best handling this.

Masks used to separate the wheat from the chaff, you could tell who smells the bullshit and who worships their TVs. But now you can't. I looked like of the them today :( :( :(

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:07 pm

Like I said, they don't need police to enforce this, it will enforce itself, public shame is a powerful tool.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”