Thoughts on coronavirus...

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Canuckster

Re: Thoughts on coronavirus...

Postby Canuckster » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:09 am

acu2020 dot Org
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:09 am

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 pm

There is some definite fuckery about. The worst part is you can't tell who is on the right side.

Like what if the people telling us to social distance and wear masks are the good guys?

What if Bill Gates & Co paid to have this virus developed and are spraying areas with it? When numbers go down, they gas another area or the same area again. What if the end game is to force everyone to get the vaccine and/or chip? What if the ones we see as the bad guys are telling us to take all precautions so that our numbers will be so low that they don't have enough backing to justify a forced vaccine?

My main concern is not necessarily how many get it, but the lasting effects on the body. The damage (to the heart and lungs) it does is lasting, that's a known. But does it really go away? Or is it like HIV and can flare up?

The patients we see now that contracted this in the beginning are different people. One was recovered 8 months. Can barely make it inside the grocery store without resting and "catching her breath." She has moved her bedroom downstairs. 8 months later!

Another, recovered 6 months. He came in with his feet swollen overnight. He is in heart failure. No known heart disease before.

I could go on. Anyone remember when growing up, those kids with bad asthma or respiratory problems that stayed sickly all the time?
The kids that are recovering well are also having lasting damage.

My son is commanding officer if ROTC this year. He works out everyday and is on the wrestling team. He loves rock climbing etc. His life and his joy in life mostly revolves around the physical things he does. He is also an extrovert and very social so this lockdown is driving him crazy. He made a comment that everyone should just get it so we can move on.

Now as a mother, I have to sweep aside the big picture or any political agenda and advise him the best I can with the knowledge I have and what May very well be true. And here is what I told him:

Think about this. What if 80% of your age group gets this virus? And then we find out that 2 years down the road they are not able to do any work that requires physical exertion. Or maybe even can't even work a full work week. Hell, maybe even can't do a job that requires walking or long periods of standing. Or they just have to take off work 3 or 4 days a month for doctor's visits. Imagine how much of a commodity those 20% of your generation that didn't get it will be. Be smart and wear your fucking mask!

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:57 pm

And on the masks, nothing is 100% guaranteed. But the amount of virus that infects you matters. This is known. The masks can cut those chances down enough that you may be able to catch it in a Small enough dose to build somewhat a natural immunity for a period of time without having the major damage done to your body.

A diaper doesn't always catch all the shit and piss either. But the amount it did was well worth the bother of putting it on.

I know it isn't popular here but I'll continue to tell you guys to wear masks indoors for a while even after the mandatory requirements are lifted.

Protect yourselves at all times!

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Fuck your masks,

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:20 pm

lol be nice Canuckster

I still think there is big bullshit all over this thing, but at the same time appreciate hearing 1st hand accounts of people who have actually been hit with it and suffered.

I do wonder sometimes how much of it may be placebo, that people get so afraid and stressed that they hyper up their systems and get ill just from panicking about it. But yeah I hear some direct stories, some people have been in a rough spot the past few months that seems to be clear.

I don't think living life in general over a bunch of 'what if?'s is a very happy way to live. There are many other daily threats more deadly than corona that we seem to manage OK... if we take such extreme measures and precautions for every potential hypothetical risk, we'd all plastic wrap our nerf houses and never ever come out. Problem now that perception of risk has not really been properly defined, some think the risk is extremely high and take the relative precautions, others perceive the risk to be very low and the precautions seem like overkill. How are we to know? Data is fucked all over the board.

Thanks for your insights Shinkicker, good to see you around. - How ya been? Really admire you still showing up to work on the front lines, seeing what you're seeing must not be easy :(

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:56 pm

Shinkicker wrote:Like what if the people telling us to social distance and wear masks are the good guys?

What if Bill Gates & Co paid to have this virus developed and are spraying areas with it? When numbers go down, they gas another area or the same area again. What if the end game is to force everyone to get the vaccine and/or chip? What if the ones we see as the bad guys are telling us to take all precautions so that our numbers will be so low that they don't have enough backing to justify a forced vaccine?

this is an interesting scenario, had not considered

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:40 pm

Masato wrote:lol be nice Canuckster

I still think there is big bullshit all over this thing, but at the same time appreciate hearing 1st hand accounts of people who have actually been hit with it and suffered.

I do wonder sometimes how much of it may be placebo, that people get so afraid and stressed that they hyper up their systems and get ill just from panicking about it. But yeah I hear some direct stories, some people have been in a rough spot the past few months that seems to be clear.

I don't think living life in general over a bunch of 'what if?'s is a very happy way to live. There are many other daily threats more deadly than corona that we seem to manage OK... if we take such extreme measures and precautions for every potential hypothetical risk, we'd all plastic wrap our nerf houses and never ever come out. Problem now that perception of risk has not really been properly defined, some think the risk is extremely high and take the relative precautions, others perceive the risk to be very low and the precautions seem like overkill. How are we to know? Data is fucked all over the board.

Thanks for your insights Shinkicker, good to see you around. - How ya been? Really admire you still showing up to work on the front lines, seeing what you're seeing must not be easy :(

We don't live by any extreme measures. Everything is open and booming. We do three things.

Wear a mask inside public places.
Sanitize hands after removing mask.
Gargle with scope every night.

That's it. Well, and parties at friend's house are outdoors.

I am worried they will shit the wrestling program down. Only 4 kids showed up. Most, their parents won't let them participate. :(

And don't tell him to be nice. I like honesty better.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:48 pm

Gargle with scope eh?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:55 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:lol be nice Canuckster

We don't live by any extreme measures. Everything is open and booming. We do three things.

Wear a mask inside public places.
Sanitize hands after removing mask.
Gargle with scope every night.

That's it. Well, and parties at friend's house are outdoors.

I am worried they will shit the wrestling program down. Only 4 kids showed up. Most, their parents won't let them participate. :(

And don't tell him to be nice. I like honesty better.

I was being nice. I didn't say fuck you, I said fuck your masks.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”