Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Hey all

I recently got inspired to watch this show, as I thought the concept was cool and I had never watched more than a random episode or 2.

I am on Episode 4 of Season 1 and starting to trip out on it lol its a lot of fun. The first episode he goes to Egypt, pyramids, Valley of the Kings etc. I didn't know this but it was extra fun because I had just been there. Then they go to Morocco which I have also had a taste of. Ah, what a life like Indiana Jones, to travel the world in the 1920's? Pretty cool character/concept imo

At first I thought the kid was too annoying and I wouldn't make it through but he gets better and starts to build a pretty convincing character.

I think in later episodes they jump forward and use an older actor. Looking forward to those episodes.

Anyways enjoy if you like that kind of stuff.

Here is a link I found with all the episodes. A few popups to get the episodes playing but not that bad:
https://123movieshub.vip/film/the-young ... s-season-1

Here is a Youtube vid of episode 1. maybe you can find more on YouTube I dont know

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:18 pm

Its cool because every episode is a new country. He goes to Africa, meets up with Picasso in Paris, etc etc

Here is another episode I found on YouTube but haven't watched yet where he goes to India. Watching in order

fun show. kinda reminds me of the old Kung Fu series with David Carradine

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:21 pm

This was a good one - episode 4

Indy becomes a hobo in Russia with an almost-dead Leo Tolstoy. Then goes to Greece with his father and discusses philosophy with a cart driver named Aristotle and a donkey named Plato lol

The relationship between Indy and his dad is very well written, brings Sean Connery's role in Holy Grail to life. I'm looking forward to watching that one again after finishing all the childhood episodes just to have all that subtext. I am pretty sure they wrote these series with Connery's performance as a direct guide

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:17 pm

- Didnt knew about this show!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:56 pm

Great show. I am now in his teen years. They tackle lots of interesting angles of history. One episode they find that Oil Corporations are sabotaging development of electric cars - in the 1920's!

Then he goes to fight in Europe and hears from men that the wars are fought for different reasons than they are told... rich men getting them to fight to take over and make more money. Wars based on lies.

Methinks George Lucas may be somewhat of a conspiracy theorist! :D

Check out 1:26:30, where a poor old mexican tells Indy his thoughts on revolutions, even after he himself fought in some, and was just 'liberated' by Indy and Pancho Villa

@1:26:30

"All over the world, revolutions come and go. Presidents rise and fall. They ALL steal your chickens. The only thing to change is the name of the man who takes them."

LOL ain't it true

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:35 pm

cool, episode I'm at Indy just got captured by Germans in Battle of the Somme WWOne
(Chapter 8 - they appear to be all on YouTube easy to find)

Will be curious how the Germans are portrayed. Will they be given a heart? or cartoon villains? wonder if Lucas wrote this one... I will check.

Spielberg would cut no mercy, lol

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:51 pm

Masato wrote:cool, episode I'm at Indy just got captured by Germans in Battle of the Somme WWOne

Will be curious how the Germans are portrayed. Will they be given a heart? or cartoon villains? wonder if Lucas wrote this one... I will check.

- Does he actually wristes or is just the guy producing the series?
I havent watched indy movies in a long time. But if i rememeber right, the germans not being stereotypes on the movies.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:36 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:cool, episode I'm at Indy just got captured by Germans in Battle of the Somme WWOne

- Does he actually wristes or is just the guy producing the series?
I havent watched indy movies in a long time. But if i rememeber right, the germans not being stereotypes on the movies.

As far as I understand, Lucas wrote most of the basic storylines, but then hired screenwriters to actually structure the plots and write the dialogue and details etc. Lucas seems to know his history.

So far the Germans are all villains. Cold-hearted, un-feeling evil monsters. The 'enemy'. But as the episodes are progressing Indy is starting to question what its all about, what is the sense in so many men being sent to the slaughter and can't get a straight answer why. It would be amazing if it develops to where he might make friends with a German but so far they are just the bad guys. Disappointing but I guess shouldn't expect anything different. Few ever dare step a toe outside the vilification of Germany, even in WWI

Still enjoying it. Really intelligent series, not just fluff action and drama. Its all historical, and asks hard questions. Indy is a great character, speaks many languages etc. Lots of fun I am still watching as I go through my current work project.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”