Future implications of CRISPR and other genetic modification technologies

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Future implications of CRISPR and other genetic modification technologies

Postby Luigi » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:50 am

So for anyone who doesn't know, China has advanced eugenic research to the point where they can take the genes of an unborn embryo and modify them inserting the genes for very high intelligence. Intelligence is only the first step though, as genetic research continues programs like this will be able to change everything, when parents have a child they will basically be able to customize it like a new character in a video game.

So how do you see this affecting the world? Besides intelligence, athletic performance is a subject that comes up a lot. Rogan often talks about how it will make basically everyone into a super athlete. Will we all be basketball player height with the strength of The Mountain? Then there is some more arbitrary stuff, I was thinking about how every American has the family myth that they are 5% Cherokee, maybe they will use genetic technologies to make it true. I know a lot of cultures like Thailand and India use skin lighten creams, maybe there will be a mass lightening of these peoples. I also wouldn't be surprised if men with small dicks gave their sons 10 inch dongs lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:19 am

Thanks Luigi this is really huge actually

So many big questions arise from this, who are we, where are we going, why etc? This is a potentially major and perhaps irreversible evolutionary leap we are talking about. Changes a lot of underlying ways we think about ourselves and nature

Personally I find the whole transhumanism stuff to have a really bad vibe but maybe that's just the old man in me resisting change and nostalgin' for the olden days lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”