Movie Review Thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Megaterio Llamas

Re: Movie Review Thread

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:18 pm

It's the Hollywood filth, the personalities, the politics, all of it. I don't need to educate you on this Masato. If I were to jump back in it though it would be strictly for the foreign films. No American culture post circa 1975 or so for me, and this holds especially true for music, which is my real passion. As it is, I have consumed no television or film since the early 2000s save for sports and I like it that way. I'm comfortable.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:It's the Hollywood filth, the personalities, the politics, all of it. I don't need to educate you on this Masato. If I were to jump back in it though it would be strictly for the foreign films. No American culture post circa 1975 or so for me, and this holds especially true for music, which is my real passion. As it is, I have consumed no television or film since the early 2000s save for sports and I like it that way. I'm comfortable.

Good to have you here, Uncle.

A real mentor, honestly

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:It's the Hollywood filth, the personalities, the politics, all of it. I don't need to educate you on this Masato. If I were to jump back in it though it would be strictly for the foreign films. No American culture post circa 1975 or so for me, and this holds especially true for music, which is my real passion. As it is, I have consumed no television or film since the early 2000s save for sports and I like it that way. I'm comfortable.

You must especially be pained at the state of the music industry these days

As someone with obviously rich taste in fine music, the modern pop stuff seems to be reduced to the simplest of electronic beats and mumbling incoherently into the mic.

Sad, really

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Masato wrote:

You must especially be pained at the state of the music industry these days

As someone with obviously rich taste in fine music, the modern pop stuff seems to be reduced to the simplest of electronic beats and mumbling incoherently into the mic.

Sad, really

Yes, the worst aspect of this is the powerful US entertainment industry using it's reach to extinguish indigenous music worldwide and replace it with this obscene garbage. They are blanketing the globe with their trash.

Something that surprised even me; apparently a large majority of American pop chart music is written by just two men. I'll try to find the article, don't let me forget eh Masato. It has to be seen....
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Every song you love was written by the same two guys

After Chris Brown beat Rihanna the night before the 2009 Grammys, many fans inexplicably turned against her, somehow blaming her for the incident. Her handlers were faced with the task of rehabilitating her image, reintroducing the strong, independent woman fans had come — a bit inflexibly, it turned out — to love. There was only one answer, Def Jam Records’ L.A. Reid realized: Convene “the mother of all song camps.

https://nypost.com/2015/10/04/your-favo ... these-two/
el rey del mambo

Return to “Anarchy Zone”