People with naturally blue eyelashes?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

People with naturally blue eyelashes?

Postby Luigi » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:03 am

I was reading the Kalevala and there is a part where Leminkainen is asking Tapio to help him catch a demon elk, and he says that he is better than other hunters, a holier man, his eyelashes are bluer and his gait is prouder. So I was like, wait, do some people actually have blue eyelashes? Looking at google image search for people without makeup on having this trait, this is what I could find:

I think whats actually happening here is that the people have very light eyelashes and blue light from their blue eyes is reflecting onto the eyelashes and giving them a blue-green tinge.

Has anyone ever observed this in real life?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Did you find anything specific about blue eyelashes or just these photos?

I had a quick look just saw makeup products

Intriguing you continue to delve deeper into Scandinavian lore and mythology... Is any of it starting to form a larger picture to you? Where is your interest these days? Are you searching for something? Just curious? Researching with a particular goal, etc?

I read all your threads but know so little to contribute in return :(

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:54 am

Masato wrote:Did you find anything specific about blue eyelashes or just these photos?

Intriguing you continue to delve deeper into Scandinavian lore and mythology... Is any of it starting to form a larger picture to you? Where is your interest these days? Are you searching for something? Just curious? Researching with a particular goal, etc?

It definitely helps form a larger picture, as with the Finnic peoples you're not looking at what happened to survive in a book somewhere, your looking at a complete holistic tradition that survived in a very robust way until the early 20th century and still straggles along to some extent today. These days I am focused on reading extensively the folk traditions. Through my research I would read examples that demonstrated what a scholar was talking about, or the most basic forms of the most widespread lore. But now I am reading the great compilations that really just let you read more and more and get immersed in it, but in a structured way that is also fun. Im searching for as much of an intimate knowledge of the folk beliefs, the old mindset, the old ways of the European peoples as possible. My goal is to finish the Old Kalevala, then read Kanteletar, and eventually the New Kalevala, or at least part of it(New Kalevala was altered to an extent that it becomes questionable if it is an authentic representation of the folk tradition).

Don't worry about not contributing much, I know not everyone get as obsessed with stuff as I do :P Do you ever think about the way of life of your ancestors? How they viewed the world? What significance they prescribed to different facets of life? Which gods filled their hearts with joy, which demons haunted their hardships? I know you have some interest in alt-spirituality so you probably have an interesting perspective. Kinda funny the one time I ask is in a thread in the anarchy zone about eyelashes though :mrgreen:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Luigi wrote:
Masato wrote:Did you find anything specific about blue eyelashes or just these photos?

It definitely helps form a larger picture, as with the Finnic peoples you're not looking at what happened to survive in a book somewhere, your looking at a complete holistic tradition that survived in a very robust way until the early 20th century and still straggles along to some extent today. These days I am focused on reading extensively the folk traditions. Through my research I would read examples that demonstrated what a scholar was talking about, or the most basic forms of the most widespread lore. But now I am reading the great compilations that really just let you read more and more and get immersed in it, but in a structured way that is also fun. Im searching for as much of an intimate knowledge of the folk beliefs, the old mindset, the old ways of the European peoples as possible. My goal is to finish the Old Kalevala, then read Kanteletar, and eventually the New Kalevala, or at least part of it(New Kalevala was altered to an extent that it becomes questionable if it is an authentic representation of the folk tradition).

Don't worry about not contributing much, I know not everyone get as obsessed with stuff as I do :P Do you ever think about the way of life of your ancestors? How they viewed the world? What significance they prescribed to different facets of life? Which gods filled their hearts with joy, which demons haunted their hardships? I know you have some interest in alt-spirituality so you probably have an interesting perspective. Kinda funny the one time I ask is in a thread in the anarchy zone about eyelashes though :mrgreen:

My ancestors on my Dad's side were Laplanders. I have always found this fascinating, and desire very much to explore these roots in this lifetime.

Any yes I am always curious about alt-spirituality, it is my suspicion that a LOT of mystical knowledge was lost/deliberately wiped out in our not-too-distant past. I wonder a lot exactly how much was erased... little bits and legends? Or whole histories and cultures? I am even prone to listening to stories of Lemuria and Telos, etc.... wonder how much may be fact or fiction.

Scandinavian mythology looks extra cool to me simply because we as westerners never get to hear about it, 'cept for Thor being an avenger lol

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Every human being regardless of age or deed who doesnt have brown or black eyes needs to be slaughtered or harvested or whatever we're calling it now

penxv

Postby penxv » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:13 am

Why do you fear light eyes?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:45 am

All naggers do.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:06 pm

As they should
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:30 pm

As we test the jaw strengths of your daughters

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Meh, if women are dumb enough to fall into that trap because of the bullshit narrative that media and feminism crams down their throats you can have them. I understand that these women will understand when they hit middle aged just what big mistake they made with their stupid life decisions.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”