On a Marvel Bender

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

On a Marvel Bender

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Hey all

Captain Marvel and Infinity War: Endgame are here/coming soon

I have been developing a high appreciation for what these marvel guys have been doing, it really is amazing how all the films link together and form one big story.

I've been re-watching most of the films chronologically, filling in stuff I missed and making the story connections more clear. Its quite incredible. I want to have as much of the characters/backstory/infinity stone lore clear in my mind as possible before seeing the next films. They really do become way more fun to watch the more of them you watch imo

Anyone else enjoying this never-been-done-before megalithic film-making endeavor?

Has anyone seen Captain Marvel yet?

There are of course some critiques of the franchise worth discussing:

- Thanos killing 50% of all life in some sort of environmental activism, lol Apparently this is not quite his motivation in the original comics) worth discussing

- Several conspiratorial angles on secret societies, New World Order, Order out of Chaos, ethics of government control/surveillance etc etc etc. Some films they actually spell out the concept that groups might actually deliberately cause chaos and war so that humanity will crave order and WANT to give up our freedom to some controlling body for security etc.

Anyways, I think the whole thing is fascinating and its making some long work weeks go by with pleasure, lol

Who is a fan here?

What are some of your favorite films/characters?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:27 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:37 pm

^^ Oh yes please lol

I will save it till after I watch the film but will be looking forward to that I think those guys are really smart and funny

He did mr Plinkett

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Red letter media might be the best channel on YouTube.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 pm

well if you like yakkin about movies all day I guess

Best movie critic channel perhaps

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:44 pm

This shit is nerdy.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Som-Pong wrote:This shit is nerdy.

lol says the D&D expert

:D

The Anti-Archon

Postby The Anti-Archon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:47 pm

I've not been more hyped for a film since probably Return of the Jedi. I'm talking Endgame, Not Captain Feminazi.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:29 am

This is such a shit show, LOL

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:37 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:This is such a shit show, LOL

I'm gonna wait till I see the film before checking out the critiques.

I have been seeing some mad comic geeks lol'ing at Captain MArvel being stronger than Thor. This doesn't bother me but apparently its a big stray from the old Canon.

I'd be curious to see how much politics is catually inserted into the film beyond a strong female character, which I have no problem with.

So far, aside from Thanos killing everyone for some environmental altruism, I haven't seen too much over-the-top political insertions in the franchise. Not like the Last Jedi at least, which was painfully obvious

Return to “Anarchy Zone”