Will D&D make my kids nerds?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
The Anti-Archon

Re: Will D&D make my kids nerds?

Postby The Anti-Archon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:49 pm

D&D with your kids is an awesome time. Takes me back to being ten and making shit up with my friends. My advice: Fuck the rules, roll some dice and make some shit up. Have fun.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Played last night for the first time. Didn't get too far, basically just picked characters and introduced them to how it works.

We decided to quit/go to sleep just before the first battle. When we pick it up I'll start them right away with a Goblin attack

I've been studying the book, my god this thing is really huge! So many characters

Quality family time, which I'm sad to say has been sparse the past few months. Haven't been playing with my kids enough. Amazingly the wife had fun, normally she hates any kind of board game.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Started D&D thread here and see if you can get a game going on the forum
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Canuckster wrote:Started D&D thread here and see if you can get a game going on the forum

Ha! that might be fun

I’d be willing to DM the starter set if we had 3-5 people willing to commit. Not sure how we’d do the dice rolling though.

Maybe I’ll continue the game with the fam today a bit, have the day off. Still have some technical questions about the rules, but I'm sort of learning that you can play the game just as well by just making it up as you go and not always sticking to the details.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”