Will D&D make my kids nerds?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Will D&D make my kids nerds?

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:27 pm

SRBrant wrote:Yes it will and it will make your kids cooler and better storytellers.

Nice. I shouldn't be so hard on nerds, I'm plenty nerdy in several ways and have had lots of nerdy friends who I thought were really great people.

Indeed, I think the game is great for developing imagination, visualizing and storytelling, which is why I bought it for the kids (I really am getting sour on video games)

I'm really pumped to play it, we haven't found a good block of collective free time to play yet, but maybe this is good because there seems no end to how much a DM might like to prepare before launching a campaign. I think I know the basics but it would be crazy fun to really understand all the characters clearly in my mind before starting, plan some jokes and scenes and have all the stats organized etc

I'm aiming for this weekend but life is stupid busy these days it seems :cry:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:31 pm

SRBrant wrote:
evil-kungfool wrote:First of all, there is nothing wrong with having kids do tabletop roleplaying games. They're going to be exposed to Wizards, Rogues and Paladins in video games anyway, might as well have them do something that requires imagination, story-telling, socializing and basic math instead.

Second, D&D5 is super gay. They've followed Marvel and Magic the Gathering and introduced forced diversity and LGBT agenda materials. It's only going to get worse from here on out. Plus, the books are super expensive. Papa Masato might be able to afford the core book, but each little expansion book is another $40. You'll need additional books for monsters, quests, themes etc.

Solution, play Myfarog instead. It's literally $12 on Amazon with free shipping. Requires no extra books, and lacks any subversive progressive agenda.
https://www.amazon.com/MYFAROG-Mythic-Fantasy-Role-playing-Game/dp/1522875077

And what's wrong with gay rights?

Nothing is wrong with gay rights but that doesn't mean its appropriate to start inserting it into all sorts of things that have nothing to do with politics or social philosophies etc. Should they start making LGBTQ Lego now?? You see what I mean.

Also like evil king fool said there are some agendas going around that are much bigger than just gay rights

D&D is wonderful the way it is we don't need to mix up the bitchings of the real world with a great game that's intended to help people escape it for a while.
(though a MAGA role-playing game would be fucking epic lol)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:33 pm

Now I wanna invent a MAGA role playing game :D

Who's in?

It'll be total satire/humor like the choose your own adventure book Ben and I made but as RPG

lol

help me brainstorm, or save me from this wretchedly huge idea that I have no time for lol :?

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Here is a telling review of Myfarog from the merchants over at Metal Sucks.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/08/21/advanced-discrimination-dragons-critical-look-varg-vikernes-myfarog-rpg/

If you look up the real reviews on Amazon or Reddit, not politically motivated hit-pieces, D&D vets think the game is quality. For the price it can't be beat.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:10 am

evil-kungfool wrote:Here is a telling review of Myfarog from the merchants over at Metal Sucks.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/08/21/advanced-discrimination-dragons-critical-look-varg-vikernes-myfarog-rpg/

If you look up the real reviews on Amazon or Reddit, not politically motivated hit-pieces, D&D vets think the game is quality. For the price it can't be beat.

EKF are you also heathen or did you get into this through DnD/metal? I make a habit of posting heathen content in the santuary if that is something you're interested in.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:10 am

Luigi wrote:
evil-kungfool wrote:Here is a telling review of Myfarog from the merchants over at Metal Sucks.

EKF are you also heathen or did you get into this through DnD/metal? I make a habit of posting heathen content in the santuary if that is something you're interested in.

I am pro-Pagan but am not a practicing one. My interests are more like Electric Universe, Gnosticism, Stoicism, but I plan to raise the kids with some Pagang traditions. I also like Metal (COB, the Sword, Amon Amarth) but am not invested in the subculture. Varg is just awesome all around, whatever you're into.

D&D was something I didn't find out about until I was 18, and I had a really good time with a group of HS friends. It was good bonding, good drinking and even the GF's that played really enjoyed it. I also picked up playing MtG at 29 as a way of passing time on boring conference calls (like how boomers play solitaire in their office) and love it. Now I think back on all the hours wasted playing video games and wish I could go back and hand these treasures to my 10-year-old self. At least I can provide better activities for my future kids.

Are you on discord Luigi?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:49 am

Wow, you guys really know a lot about this stuff eh :D
el rey del mambo

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:17 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:Wow, you guys really know a lot about this stuff eh :D

I’m a walking encyclopedia when it comes to RPGs and I’m not talking the weapon. I just don’t feel like writing about it and I believe in learning by doing. Masato got some great advice from Maurice at tmmac though. It’s really just storytelling except you have more people telling the story.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:39 am

evil-kungfool wrote:
Luigi wrote:

Are you on discord Luigi?

Yup. Im not too active on it, I mainly use it to keep in touch with some local folks who can be best described as libertarian gamers. We throw parties about 3 times a year. I also use it for pagan stuff though, Im a member of a Finno-Ugric group which is actually a great research tool as well as being full of dank memes about Fingolians. Im also a member of the Veles-Krishna Pathway which Im guessing you know about since you mentioned pagang.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:19 am

I think this thread established that a little D&D won't queerify your kids or otherwise totally destroy their chances of reproduction later on.

Let us know how it goes Masato.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”