Will D&D make my kids nerds?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Som-Pong

Re: Will D&D make my kids nerds?

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:50 am

I played it and I’m well adjusted.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:19 pm

My jits coach is a massive nerd and plays this and is dungeon master, loads of adults play. I tried it back in the day, wasn't my thing.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm

Som-Pong wrote:I played it and I’m well adjusted.

This gives me confidence.

no, really it does.

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:53 pm

First of all, there is nothing wrong with having kids do tabletop roleplaying games. They're going to be exposed to Wizards, Rogues and Paladins in video games anyway, might as well have them do something that requires imagination, story-telling, socializing and basic math instead.

Second, D&D5 is super gay. They've followed Marvel and Magic the Gathering and introduced forced diversity and LGBT agenda materials. It's only going to get worse from here on out. Plus, the books are super expensive. Papa Masato might be able to afford the core book, but each little expansion book is another $40. You'll need additional books for monsters, quests, themes etc.

Solution, play Myfarog instead. It's literally $12 on Amazon with free shipping. Requires no extra books, and lacks any subversive progressive agenda.
https://www.amazon.com/MYFAROG-Mythic-Fantasy-Role-playing-Game/dp/1522875077

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:56 pm

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:12 am

Yes it will and it will make your kids cooler and better storytellers.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:12 am

evil-kungfool wrote:First of all, there is nothing wrong with having kids do tabletop roleplaying games. They're going to be exposed to Wizards, Rogues and Paladins in video games anyway, might as well have them do something that requires imagination, story-telling, socializing and basic math instead.

Second, D&D5 is super gay. They've followed Marvel and Magic the Gathering and introduced forced diversity and LGBT agenda materials. It's only going to get worse from here on out. Plus, the books are super expensive. Papa Masato might be able to afford the core book, but each little expansion book is another $40. You'll need additional books for monsters, quests, themes etc.

Solution, play Myfarog instead. It's literally $12 on Amazon with free shipping. Requires no extra books, and lacks any subversive progressive agenda.

And what's wrong with gay rights?

evil-kungfool

Postby evil-kungfool » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:11 am

SRBrant wrote:And what's wrong with gay rights?

If you think 'gay-rights' are all that the LGBT are pushing for, you're clueless. If you want to debate that start another thread.

Masato will decide what is best for his kids. Does he want his kids playing a table-top RPG that promotes traditional values or a progressive agenda? Does he want to spend $11.99 or does he want to spend hundreds buying a half dozen books? Does he want to support an independent creator or a well established corporation? Does he want his children taking Red Pills or Blue Pills?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:33 am

SRBrant wrote:
evil-kungfool wrote:First of all, there is nothing wrong with having kids do tabletop roleplaying games. They're going to be exposed to Wizards, Rogues and Paladins in video games anyway, might as well have them do something that requires imagination, story-telling, socializing and basic math instead.

And what's wrong with gay rights?

oh for gods sake shut the fuck up
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

SRBrant

Postby SRBrant » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:39 pm

evil-kungfool wrote:
SRBrant wrote:And what's wrong with gay rights?

If you think 'gay-rights' are all that the LGBT are pushing for, you're clueless. If you want to debate that start another thread.

Masato will decide what is best for his kids. Does he want his kids playing a table-top RPG that promotes traditional values or a progressive agenda? Does he want to spend $11.99 or does he want to spend hundreds buying a half dozen books? Does he want to support an independent creator or a well established corporation? Does he want his children taking Red Pills or Blue Pills?

Yeah. The red pill. In a movie made by two transsexual women.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”