What's yo Christmases looking like?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 12474
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 5712

What's yo Christmases looking like?

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Happy Holidays everyone!!

What's your seasonal days looking like? Going away? Family guests? Working? Suffering? Thankful?

Where y'all at?

Thoughts for New Years?

Hope you can all find some magic in it somewhere, somehow. Wishing you all the best, thanks for keeping this crazy place alive, lol you are my e-brothers and I appreciate you all

Merry Christmas!! Happy 2019




User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 12474
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 5712

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:18 pm

I got 7 people in my house, thankful AF, but half my heart is thousands of kms away with my folks and brother as my mom is goin down. Weird to be split like that.

Also celebrating 20 years married anniversary on Dec 31. ...Crazy

BJJ club is closed most of the break so I will likely eat/drink a lot and get fat lol.
I already bought myself a new gi but haven't used it yet. My old gi actually ripped holes in the knees. Sucks because the day I will use the new gi I will be all out of shape again lol

Trying not to worry or be too cheap about money, always sucks this time of year. Most of me is resentful of seasonal gift-giving/credit culture and I can be a scrooge, but I usually cave in and end up spending a little more than what I should. Have some work over the break so that's good to balance.

Hoping for snow

User avatar
Canuckster
Posts: 5084
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2570

Postby Canuckster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:39 pm

Christmases aren't what they once were, I find myself very jaded by the empty materialism of the season, and one can struggle to handle the season like we want due to family and societal pressure.

If it was up to me, I would skip this holiday entirely. That and every other holiday the west celebrates with the mass consumption of overwhelming materialism.

My wife and I don't buy each other gifts, this year we bought new kitchen appliances and that was our Christmas. We have no more use for packages of useless junk. We buy for our son, and that is more because of the pressure of the holiday, we stopped buying grandkids gifts and started putting the money into resp packages for them.

Seriously, fuck Christmas.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 2978
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 2175

Postby Luigi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Canuckster wrote:Christmases aren't what they once were, I find myself very jaded by the empty materialism of the season, and one can struggle to handle the season like we want due to family and societal pressure.

If it was up to me, I would skip this holiday entirely. That and every other holiday the west celebrates with the mass consumption of overwhelming materialism.

My wife and I don't buy each other gifts, this year we bought new kitchen appliances and that was our Christmas. We have no more use for packages of useless junk. We buy for our son, and that is more because of the pressure of the holiday, we stopped buying grandkids gifts and started putting the money into resp packages for them.

Seriously, fuck Christmas.

You should consider looking into heathen Yule. All the best parts of Christmas with none of the BS, + other cool stuff.

Yule Eve and Yule morning with the local family, then we are going up north to see our kin in the northlands. It will mostly be fun times and good food and ale, but Im also thinking about what oath to swear on the final day for 2019. Im thinking of doing a fitness goal, developing my bench and rows probably. Happy holidays E-brothers!
Image

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 5530
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3022

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:06 am

Working as usual, doing some secret santa shit at work. I drew a fat colleague, think I’ll get her a pedometer.

User avatar
Benwahwah
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 am
Reputation: 1008

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:06 am

Som-Pong wrote:Working as usual, doing some secret santa shit at work. I drew a fat colleague, think I’ll get her a pedometer.

Fuck off. As if you can afford a pedometer.

User avatar
Edge Guerrero
Posts: 5477
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 am
Reputation: 2340
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:11 am

- Happy Turbo time!

Image
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 5530
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3022

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:03 am

Benwahwah wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Working as usual, doing some secret santa shit at work. I drew a fat colleague, think I’ll get her a pedometer.

Fuck off. As if you can afford a pedometer.

I make more than you.

User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 12474
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 5712

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:10 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS, ya Grinchy bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its snowing here :D

Image

Image

User avatar
Benwahwah
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 am
Reputation: 1008

Postby Benwahwah » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:01 pm

Som-Pong wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:Working as usual, doing some secret santa shit at work. I drew a fat colleague, think I’ll get her a pedometer.

Fuck off. As if you can afford a pedometer.

I make more than you.

I didn’t claim I could...

Apologies for being ‘grumpy’ I was trying to be funny, but looking at it with a fresh set of eyes I realise it comes off as more cunty than anything else.

That being said, Merry Christmas bitches!

Image

Image


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests