Friend became a politician

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Friend became a politician

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 am

So one of my friends recently became a politician.

He’s running up his campaigns, inviting for canvassing or whatever they call it. He’s a great guy and has good intentions but I can’t help but fear I’ve lost him. How can anyone survive in that world?

It’s just local politics for now but the guy is full of ambition with an unusual amount of energy.

Kind of freaks me out lol. I feel bad I haven’t responded to his campaign support emails but I genuinely feel a bit nauseous about it all. We have debated for years about how much can be changed from within the system. I’ve always been of the opinion that our ‘democratic’ system is mostly illusion, that it is set up to keep the PTB the way it is and that trying to work from within is useless. He is of the opinion that Canadian politics is different and still has a high degree of malleability and that people still hold a great deal of influence. Granted he knows way more about it all than I do.

He was heavily involved in the COMER case a while back, trying to restore the powers of the bank of Canada instead of having the country lend from private banks at interest. Wonder what he thinks now that the whole thing failed.

Anyways of course I wish him well but I just can’t shake the bad taste that I’ve lost the guy. Show me a politician who hasn’t been corrupted or succumb to lies and phoniness and a lust for power.

He used to be an artist

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:27 am

You could always scuttle his campaign by saying he touched you inappropriately.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 am

Also are you sure he doesn't lurk here?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:07 am

#MeToo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:38 pm

You guys joke but that's precisely some of the stuff I fear for him.

He is outspoken for example against current mayor Doug Ford, who I am suspecting is quite the gangster/mafia boss. If anyone in the political field gets too vocal or starts to get too popular or starts speaking out on areas where a lot of money is being made, it doesn't take much for them to silence, slander, blackmail, etc etc. He's playing with the big boys now, some dangerous people with a lot more money and resources than him. He's got a wife and kid now etc too

On the other hand you could see him as kind of a hero, must take some guts and conviction but I honestly can't see these sort of people getting very far before hitting some ugly resistance. I suppose if nobody tries though, then corruption will just rule easily.

As for him lurking here, I don't think he does but I am always honest about my thoughts, given the questions I would be straight with him about it just the same whether my thoughts are right or wrong. I think the guy is great he knows that. I'm just really sour on politics

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:12 pm

One of my friends just became a politician too. Running for some shit in Etobicoke. I have no idea what her stance is but I'm guessing she's all SJW. She a cute white girl with big tits who used to have dreads.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

penxv

Postby penxv » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Don't sleep on local politics. Some of the shit that pisses me off the most is when shopping center parking lots have multiple entrances with traffic signals. It's like, why? Why can't they make do with one traffic signal? And why not tear some of that shit down and replace it with stop signs?

There are too many traffic signals where there should just be stop signs. It's so stupid and it really bothers me.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 pm

penxv wrote:Don't sleep on local politics. Some of the shit that pisses me off the most is when shopping center parking lots have multiple entrances with traffic signals. It's like, why? Why can't they make do with one traffic signal? And why not tear some of that shit down and replace it with stop signs?

There are too many traffic signals where there should just be stop signs. It's so stupid and it really bothers me.

Great post

Indeed, I think this is where his motivations lie at this point. He was born and raised in the city, and lives now in a specific neighborhood that he is very passionate about that gets a lot of touristy crowds in the summertime etc down by the beaches. I am sure he has a lot of ideas for it and if this is the focus then for sure I agree a lot can get done at this level through the system.

I will reply to his emails, feel bad that I haven't yet but to be honest I didn't really know what to say that was genuine, I don't like bullshit I'm no politician lol I can support him on this for sure. In truth how can we not really support anyone who is following their passions and whatever path in life that feels best for them? We may not understand but a friend is a friend, no?

penxv

Postby penxv » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:55 am

I can't tell you what your friend's motivations are. And while the traffic signal issue bothers me, it's not where I would dedicate very much of my free time even though the local society could benefit from an upgrade to it's transit logistics. Still though, if God is real, and it is, then everyone has their role.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:47 am

One of my best friends is a politrixian, he used to be my parole officer.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”