I like that Australian football

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Som-Pong

Re: I like that Australian football

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:34 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Som-Pong wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:"Aussies are plenty tatted up."

Not the footballers. Regular men's haircuts; no beards; no tattoos. No bragging; no showboating; no choreographed celebrations. No discernable American influenced behavior at all. Real genuine guys that either don't know, or more likely, don't care what's currently in fashion in the USA.

I am pretty tatted up, not your run of the mill tattoos though.

I remember when you had them done. You posted pictures.

And prior to that you had maintained a very traditional look much like the Australian footballers. :)

My look is still very much traditional. Just not traditionally Swedish.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:27 am

Not the footballers. Regular men's haircuts; no beards; no tattoos. No bragging; no showboating; no choreographed celebrations. No discernable American influenced behavior at all. Real genuine guys that either don't know, or more likely, don't care what's currently in fashion in the USA.

Im very sorry to tell you this but Sydney = California fashion, Melbourne = Euro faggory ..

Tatts are a right of passage here too im afraid, they used to mean youve done jail time (pre late 90's) now they mean you drink soy lattes

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am

Vutulaki wrote:

Im very sorry to tell you this but Sydney = California fashion, Melbourne = Euro faggory ..

Tatts are a right of passage here too im afraid, they used to mean youve done jail time (pre late 90's) now they mean you drink soy lattes

I'm sorry to hear this. Means the footballers are making a statement. Taking a stand.

Respect.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this. Means the footballers are making a statement. Taking a stand.

Respect.

Hmmm Im not too sure which footballers youre talking about mate but many if not most are tatted up.

Here are some of our current (2018) teams;

I think the majority of players at this point are brown or black so maybe thats throwing you off as in the tatts dont stand out?

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Respect.

Hmmm Im not too sure which footballers youre talking about mate but many if not most are tatted up.

Here are some of our current (2018) teams;

I think the majority of players at this point are brown or black so maybe thats throwing you off as in the tatts dont stand out?

This is unfortunate my friend.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:02 pm

I just realised youre talking about the AFL not the NRL I posted pics of. I think youre right the AFL players probably have less tatts, are more white and come from more conservative areas generally.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Vutulaki wrote:I just realised youre talking about the AFL not the NRL I posted pics of. I think youre right the AFL players probably have less tatts, are more white and come from more conservative areas generally.

Yes that's right. Mostly whites with quite a few Aboriginals. Didn't see any tattoos.
el rey del mambo

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:It's like a cross between Gaelic football and Rugby. Always thought it was odd that the linesmen wear white lab coats. Cool sport tho.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

That's essentially what the sport is. Back in the day, they tried to create a ball sport that both the British and the Irish immigrants could grasp the basics of, so they blended Rugby and Gaelic football.

It's closer to Gaelic football though, and the AFL sends a team to Ireland every so often to play the Irish Gaelic Football team in a Gaelic match.
The Australians usually win the games because they are high level pro-athletes playing against Amatuer Irish men who also have day jobs.

the size and strength difference between the two teams is significant. Sometimes the Irish still win on skill though.

Redneck

Postby Redneck » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:38 pm

AFL still has it's share of tattooed attention seekers though, but I agree that it's nothing like in the NFL.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”