Car finally Died

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Car finally Died

Postby Masato » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 pm

currently looking at 2015/2016 Toyota Corollas.

Lots of recommendations that they are tough and reliable, and one of the cheapest options around

I don't have the time or care to compare and shop hundreds of models. Unless I hear some really good advice otherwise, probably gonna scope in on this and find the best deal around my area

what you guys think?

PS: thanks to Diet Butcher for the backup on minivans. They really are awesome. The one my wife has you can fold the seats right up into the floor, we just took it camping, I pick u[p loads of clay for her, can pack in 7 people etc they are so cool man lol

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:11 am

Think Toyota's a good bet for you, what with the whole lack of mechanical aptitude and all
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:32 am

Diet Butcher wrote:This is one of the reasons why I'm still in HK and not back in Toronto. Contrary to popular belief, I've never been a rich chink. While every other Asian was studying to become doctors or whatever, I was.... not. Hence worked bullshit jobs and drove used cars for most of my life. It was such a hassle knowing something was gonna go wrong with your car at any give time. Now in HK, we got THE most efficient transit system in the world, I can't imagine going back to being a used car owner again. Unless I strike it big and be able to buy brand new cars all the time, I think I'm staying put for now.

That said. Minivans were awesome at times. I used to have a GMC Safari and had lots o fun with it going camping and shit.

Youre the classic underachieving asian, Ive known a LOT in my time, chainly Korean males who say fuck it and just smoke weed and work below average jobs. Good for them, who gives a fuck as long as youre content in life?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:45 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:This is one of the reasons why I'm still in HK and not back in Toronto. Contrary to popular belief, I've never been a rich chink. While every other Asian was studying to become doctors or whatever, I was.... not. Hence worked bullshit jobs and drove used cars for most of my life. It was such a hassle knowing something was gonna go wrong with your car at any give time. Now in HK, we got THE most efficient transit system in the world, I can't imagine going back to being a used car owner again. Unless I strike it big and be able to buy brand new cars all the time, I think I'm staying put for now.

That said. Minivans were awesome at times. I used to have a GMC Safari and had lots o fun with it going camping and shit.

Youre the classic underachieving asian, Ive known a LOT in my time, chainly Korean males who say fuck it and just smoke weed and work below average jobs. Good for them, who gives a fuck as long as youre content in life?

Yup. Spot on. I mean, who would wanna hang out with Hellfire Awaits IRL? I think I'd rather hang out with EY than HA.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 am

lol didnt he marry a cripple so he would have someone who will stick around so to speak?

I wonder is his ableism is as bad as my racism?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am

Vutulaki wrote:lol didnt he marry a cripple so he would have someone who will stick around so to speak?

I wonder is his ableism is as bad as my racism?

haha... your avatar. I see it now.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Bought a used 2015 Honda Civic EX

Cheap, tough, reliable, & most importantly Low Monthly Payments, lol

My mechanic said Hondas are the best, top of his list for affordable brands, says if I maintain it well it will go a long ways

Pick it up Wednesday, will have some pics. Very stoked! :D

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Thats a good car. I think we call them Accords here.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:08 pm

^^ no Civics in Australia? Weird I thought that was their main car

One of my best friends when I was in highschiol had a crappy Civic way back in the early 90’s, that thing would not die man. Where we lived we had a ton of snow every year so we’d go tearing around with his winter tires, we nicknamed his car ‘The Snowmobile’ lol. Proud to continue the legacy : D

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:19 pm

I've owned 3 Civics in my life. 1st was a 1990 LE. Then a 2000 Ex (which I embarrassingly riced up). Then I had a 1984 winterbeater shitbox... might have been before I had the 2000.. forgot. Fun reliable cars for sure.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”