Let's talk benders, alcohol and drug fueled benders

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Let's talk benders, alcohol and drug fueled benders

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Also Ill rather swiftly finish my story but its now like that joke you had to explain, I fear it has lost its pazazz..

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Jehannum wrote:it's like being on TMMAC.....

Too bad about that place eh. Wild was a nice guy.

What happened to it?

My mate Splint wont even let me make a cameo and I cant be fucked getting around his cookie ban shit (read I just cant)

Tell me about it, is it worse than when I was posting there?

No it's the same. Oddly, there is another bring back Vutu thread going on now that I just bumped with my own impassioned plea ;)

But seriously, I guess he was working on the site over the weekend and I blocked myself out. Thought it was down.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:

What happened to it?

My mate Splint wont even let me make a cameo and I cant be fucked getting around his cookie ban shit (read I just cant)

No it's the same. Oddly, there is another bring back Vutu thread going on now that I just bumped with my own impassioned plea ;)

But seriously, I guess he was working on the site over the weekend and I blocked myself out. Thought it was down.

That must be why he's still pissed at me but I havent talked to anyone from there in like a year?? they are just trying to piss him off and he should be smart enough to see that

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:09 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Jehannum wrote:it's like being on TMMAC.....

What happened to it?

Wild made a lengthy statement about banning trolls and changing TMMAC, then pinked a bunch of people etc

My own reasons for quitting are private though, I'm not sure I know what Megaterio is referring to if not that

[spoiler]
https://themmacommunity.com/threads/fyi-regarding-some-changes-that-are-coming.50460/

By Wild

There's about 5-6 people here that I've been thinking about perma-banning for a while now. They either shit up threads, or troll, or are just assholes with no respect for the site. They're obstructionists to the culture we've worked our asses off to build here.

I felt like I owed it to the members to inform you all of changes that will be coming if @Splinty@Splinty agrees with the decisions that I feel need to be made for the overall health of the forum, and direction we want to go. I'm going to discuss it with him when he returns from a project he's working on at the moment, and if he's on board, then some drastic changes are coming.

I know some of you are going to say, why was _______ banned but _______ wasn't? Never an easy way to answer that besides being honest, and the honest answer is, we're going to do what we feel is best for our site.

I also know that some of you are going to be pissed at us (or me) when one or more of your friends are banned, but please remember how much of our personal time we have spent reminding people of the TOS, sending PM's asking them to chill, responding to reports, handing out warnings, etc, etc. And then ask yourself if you would like to spend your personal time doing that. And ask yourself if you would like people coming into a house that you built, taking a steaming shit on your floor, laughing about it, and daring you to do something about it. Because that's basically what these posters have been doing here for a while now, after multiple warnings in most cases. After answering those questions honestly...if you still feel like we're assholes that unfairly banned your friends, I will wish you well wherever you choose to post in the future.

Thanks in advance for listening & hope you understand our (my position).

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Also Ill rather swiftly finish my story but its now like that joke you had to explain, I fear it has lost its pazazz..

It's fine, just finish it. Some of us are interested and the rest are gay.

Jehannum

Postby Jehannum » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:39 pm

Lester Burnham wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Also Ill rather swiftly finish my story but its now like that joke you had to explain, I fear it has lost its pazazz..

you gay too son

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 am

Jehannum wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:

What happened to it?

Wild made a lengthy statement about banning trolls and changing TMMAC, then pinked a bunch of people etc

My own reasons for quitting are private though, I'm not sure I know what Megaterio is referring to if not that

[spoiler]
https://themmacommunity.com/threads/fyi-regarding-some-changes-that-are-coming.50460/

By Wild

There's about 5-6 people here that I've been thinking about perma-banning for a while now. They either shit up threads, or troll, or are just assholes with no respect for the site. They're obstructionists to the culture we've worked our asses off to build here.

I felt like I owed it to the members to inform you all of changes that will be coming if @Splinty@Splinty agrees with the decisions that I feel need to be made for the overall health of the forum, and direction we want to go. I'm going to discuss it with him when he returns from a project he's working on at the moment, and if he's on board, then some drastic changes are coming.

I know some of you are going to say, why was _______ banned but _______ wasn't? Never an easy way to answer that besides being honest, and the honest answer is, we're going to do what we feel is best for our site.

I also know that some of you are going to be pissed at us (or me) when one or more of your friends are banned, but please remember how much of our personal time we have spent reminding people of the TOS, sending PM's asking them to chill, responding to reports, handing out warnings, etc, etc. And then ask yourself if you would like to spend your personal time doing that. And ask yourself if you would like people coming into a house that you built, taking a steaming shit on your floor, laughing about it, and daring you to do something about it. Because that's basically what these posters have been doing here for a while now, after multiple warnings in most cases. After answering those questions honestly...if you still feel like we're assholes that unfairly banned your friends, I will wish you well wherever you choose to post in the future.

As an operator of now multiple forums one of which I believe has recently blown up but I cant log into I feel its my place to offer some expert advice here.

ITS A FUCKING INTERNET FORUM WILD MY MAN! I really like that guy, Splinty too but you simply wont find an MMA internet forum anywhere where people tow the line.

MMA has always been a rouge's endeavour whether it be the fans or the athletes (sic) so youll get that, just chill and roll with it. People posting "gook" or "nigger" isnt really going to scare away the hardcore MMA fan, theyll either play along or go head to head with the offender but these pussies anonymously using the report function arecasual fans and them leaving wont hurt anyone.

Im all over Sydney/Australian fishing forums all fucking day much to the detriment of my professional success and you wont find one of them where the posters arent constantly pushing boundaries.

I guess if you wanted a forum where everyone followed the TOS then make it conditional that they post under their full legal name and note their address and place of employment as their signature. Anything short of that will result in shenanigans cause that the point of posting under anon handles FFS

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Jehannum wrote:
Lester Burnham wrote:

you gay too son

Omar coming!!!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Jehannum wrote:Wild made a lengthy statement about banning trolls and changing TMMAC, then pinked a bunch of people etc

[spoiler]

By Wild

You see once you start how fast it goes that way. I've seen it on other forums as well

Its tempting to try to take control and censor/thought police sometimes, but I've thought this through, they all lead down the same self destructive path eventually. This forum decided to take a stand and not go that way. Whether people abuse it and degenerate it, or appreciate it and make it awesome, we will get what we deserve

There's a price you pay for Freedom/Anarchy but imo it's a far lesser price than the opposite in the long run

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Masato wrote:
Jehannum wrote:Wild made a lengthy statement about banning trolls and changing TMMAC, then pinked a bunch of people etc

[spoiler]

By Wild

You see once you start how fast it goes that way. I've seen it on other forums as well

Its tempting to try to take control and censor/thought police sometimes, but I've thought this through, they all lead down the same self destructive path eventually. This forum decided to take a stand and not go that way. Whether people abuse it and degenerate it, or appreciate it and make it awesome, we will get what we deserve

There's a price you pay for Freedom/Anarchy but imo it's a far lesser price than the opposite in the long run

I think that you have done a pretty good job here. I wish more people would join in.

I wish there was an ignore feature though. Sometimes when somebody is obviously a troll or an asshole it's best to not even see their comments any more. Some people feel differently about that though.

Anyways, keep up the good work, Matsato!

Return to “Anarchy Zone”