Happy Father's Day!!

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Happy Father's Day!!

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:34 pm

Happy Day to all the Dads out there...!!

It is hard, but grand and noble work. - Enjoy. Do your best. Be proud, see it through, we ain't done yet lol

Proud of all you mofos

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:47 pm

I'm takin the day OFF.

Slept in with the missus, slow morning. Gonna go for a hike in the forest with the dog, spliffs on the porch, go for a longboard, gonna see SOLO. Not checking the clock, not checking emails, not carrying the stupid phone. Signing off electronics NOW.

will be grand.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:59 pm

HFD to all you dads out there, ours isnt on until September..

It is hard work, special HFD to any single dads out there. Single dads get no love/support we are expected to raise kids full time plus pay for it all on our own. Never once has anyone asked if my ex is paying child support, I bet single mothers get asked that all the time.

To my own dad I say "GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU SELFISH ENTITLED CREEPY FUCK"

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:19 am

Happy Father's Day, guys!

I got aggravated at hubby this morning. Then I thought "fuck, he's a good daddy to my kids and a good provider. I kept my mouth shut. Happy Father's Day, honey!

Lol

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:24 am

Vutulaki wrote:HFD to all you dads out there, ours isnt on until September..

It is hard work, special HFD to any single dads out there. Single dads get no love/support we are expected to raise kids full time plus pay for it all on our own. Never once has anyone asked if my ex is paying child support, I bet single mothers get asked that all the time.

Do you hate your dad? I know one other guy who hates his mom, like loathes her. He got "son of a bitch" tattoo'd across his chest. So you and he would be the only two adult people that I've ever known to hate a parent.

Is it that rare? Or have I just been lucky?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:40 am

Shinkicker wrote:

Do you hate your dad? I know one other guy who hates his mom, like loathes her. He got "son of a bitch" tattoo'd across his chest. So you and he would be the only two adult people that I've ever known to hate a parent.

Yeah I hate him.

I think it is rare or at least people especially people who are parents themselves don't want to admit it cause they'd hate to think their own kids would grow up to feel that way too. Ill do my best at being a dad and if mine grow up to feel that way well Thailand and their inheritance here I come! :)

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:

Yeah I hate him.

I think it is rare or at least people especially people who are parents themselves don't want to admit it cause they'd hate to think their own kids would grow up to feel that way too. Ill do my best at being a dad and if mine grow up to feel that way well Thailand and their inheritance here I come! :)

Do you still see him? Do you try to get along to keep the peace? Avoid him?

How old were you when you started feeling this way? I used to feel like my mom was my best friend but ever since I had kids, my feelings have definitely changed. Hate is a strong word but.....

I'm having trouble dealing with the fact that I don't like her very much anymore. :(

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Shinkicker wrote:Do you still see him? Do you try to get along to keep the peace? Avoid him?

Now and again, he lives close by but between work, the gym, the kid's weekend sports I dont have much time and given the way he treated my mother (who sided with him until her death bed) and me Im not very motivated to make time. People say ill regret it one day but there was way more to regret when my mum died but after a few weeks I couldnt give a fuck about that either.

Shits me when people whine about regrets about the dead for years and shit, fuck off its part of life.

Shinkicker wrote:How old were you when you started feeling this way?

Age about 8 or 9 I remember wanting to walk up behind my dad and kill him with a shovel.

Shinkicker wrote:I used to feel like my mom was my best friend but ever since I had kids, my feelings have definitely changed. Hate is a strong word but.....I'm having trouble dealing with the fact that I don't like her very much anymore. :(

Is your mom overbearing with the kids or something? why the change after they came along?

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Is your mom overbearing with the kids or something? why the change after they came along?

No. But there were a few issues with that. I'm a firm believer in allowing and accepting people for who they are. You can be the biggest asshole ever and I will still put forth the effort to be pleasant to you. I don't like confrontation and will work to avoid it. Except when it comes to my kids. I established early that what I say goes with my kids. I have very few rules but I let it be known they are nonnegotiable. For example, She had a problem with me not allowing her to take my kids camping on the river when they were younger. But she was drinking daily. Fuck that. She never complained to me, just to everyone else in the family. Of course she didn't mention the drinking part.

The change? Who knows. I think because she left when I was 11 and didn't come back into my life until I was 19. Which I was very understanding of until I had kids. I couldn't help but be baffled at how a mother could do that.

So something that happened way back when. That's really unfair because she isn't the same person now. But I can't seem to force myself to "feel" about her the way I used to.

I'll keep faking it though.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Ffs, I'm a Chatty Cathy today. Lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”