- The Ultyimate Warrior has passed away

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
johnkilo

- The Ultyimate Warrior has passed away

Postby johnkilo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 pm

For some reason when I was a kid I was never a big Ultimate Warrior fan... I don't know why. Guy definitely had interesting promos. It's sad to see all these wrestlers dying so young. It was nice that he got to enjoy being inducted into the hall of fame right before he died, though.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:00 am

Between tha last Wrestlemania and the UW passing away, I am totally surprised at the level of response among the online MMA community.

Had no idea so many people were fans of both, I always assumed they were sort of polarized

I have to admit I still get very weirded out as to the general response when famous people die, just because they were famous. We know little about these people as actual human beings, and much better people likely die every day. A brasilian soap opera actor died last week and my sister-in-law actually cried for him. Celebrity worship is POWERFUL in our culture, I don't think I will never get that.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Masato wrote:Between tha last Wrestlemania and the UW passing away, I am totally surprised at the level of response among the online MMA community.

Had no idea so many people were fans of both, I always assumed they were sort of polarized

I have to admit I still get very weirded out as to the general response when famous people die, just because they were famous. We know little about these people as actual human beings, and much better people likely die every day. A brasilian soap opera actor died last week and my sister-in-law actually cried for him. Celebrity worship is POWERFUL in our culture, I don't think I will never get that.

- I think the athletes respect with pro-wrestlers do, it's a very tough sport, the fans on the other hand don't.

But i agree with you.
Celebrity is a funny word, because means people that are worth to remember, and today we use this word to describe everyone that has appeared on a tv show, like in the Big brothers here in Brasil.

Btw, two buys in the way out to became legends:

Every man should have his memory honored, sad that some mans wanting to be remembered for making people cry, now putting smiles in the people face is a art.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:31 pm

johnkilo wrote:For some reason when I was a kid I was never a big Ultimate Warrior fan... I don't know why. Guy definitely had interesting promos. It's sad to see all these wrestlers dying so young. It was nice that he got to enjoy being inducted into the hall of fame right before he died, though.

- It's what atracte us, we idolize people or characters that have same traits that us, maybe your personality is the excatly oposit of The Ultimate Warrior, i personaly love The Miz because he is a idiot like me, and loved Eddie because he was playful.
Who were your favorites John?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

I never really liked wrestling, but I must admit I was a pretty big Bob Backlund fan

I just loved how plain he looked next to all these huge roided out flashy characters. I always cheered for him and hoped in full futility that he would be champ

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 am

Masato wrote:I never really liked wrestling, but I must admit I was a pretty big Bob Backlund fan

I just loved how plain he looked next to all these huge roided out flashy characters. I always cheered for him and hoped in full futility that he would be champ

- I liked Bob to, he won the title, of course i only saw the matchs years after then happening, but i like technical wrestlers, or giants like Kane, Big Show, Yokozuna and Undertaker, they do amazing things.
The cool thing about bob is that he got Spider-man type of strenght, he wasn't a muscular dude, but could do feats of strenght that would left the muscular dudes jealous.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”