Marvel Marathon

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Marvel Marathon

Postby Masato » Sat May 05, 2018 12:48 am

Hey all

So I have some cousins in the City who wanna get together Saturday for some drinks and to see this Infinity War flick everyone's talkin about.

I (surprisingly) didn't read much comics growing up, nor have I seen a lot of the Marvel movies that have been building up on this, so I took the past couple work days/and nights to blitz through some of them in chronological order.

I hate Hollywood, and can't help but see a helluva lot of 'War on Terror' rhetoric and conditioning in these films... but other than that I have to give credit where credit is due, this is a monumental undertaking in film history its really quite amazing what they are doing. And the films aren't half bad either, the characters are surprisingly fun and believable. And goddamn did they make Hulk look fantastic, I mean he looks perfect, as a trained animator I can't even fathom the skills on whoever made that model move, the physics are just so beautiful to watch

Anyways I'm watching em all for free here, great site:
http://vexmovies.org/

Here is the order, or so I've been told... I'm only watching the films (red boxes), and not even all of em. Certainly not watching any of the TV stuff though I'm sure it would be fun to get deeper into it if you're all geeked on Marvel stuff

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 05, 2018 12:53 am

I'm only half way through, doesn't look like I'll make it for Saturday night, lol

too bad, was looking forward to the Ragnarok film and the 2nd Avengers movie. I'd seen the Spiderman one, Dr Strange and Black panther already.

Surprisingly good flicks, for a buncha war propaganda :D

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat May 05, 2018 4:04 am

Masato wrote:I'm only half way through, doesn't look like I'll make it for Saturday night, lol

too bad, was looking forward to the Ragnarok film and the 2nd Avengers movie. I'd seen the Spiderman one, Dr Strange and Black panther already.

Give it up bro. Just watch these... wish I had before I went to see IW.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:I'm only half way through, doesn't look like I'll make it for Saturday night, lol

Give it up bro. Just watch these... wish I had before I went to see IW.

well, shit I watched all the wrong ones, lol

Not really but damn there are a lot of em. I am NOT caught up, but no big deal we are meeting at some pubs first so i will be sure to pick their brains as to what I'm missing. probably just a few major plot turns and I'll be good to go. What a crazy project these Marvel guys are doing.

That video was great though, thanks it sums up lots.

Have you seen the new film yet, DB?

Surprised how much attention I'm putting into this, lol usually I wouldn't care enough at all. I'd like to talk about it with some real comic geeks, see how closely the films mirror comic book lore, and how many of them like it vs how many think Marvel sold everything out etc.

Thank god no one taught me about comics when I was young, I might have been a fan :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun May 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Holy Moly what a film.

Completely blown away, a monumental achievement in Film History, at least visually/technically. This movie is huge

Highly recommend catching up on key characters before viewing, there are a lot to keep track of, if you don't know who's who it might be a long 3 hours :D

My cousins ride in style, he got us VIP reserved seats, I drank a wine and ate crispy chicken tacos in my reclining seat with swivel meal-tray while watching the film high AF :D super nice

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun May 06, 2018 4:16 pm

I Marvelled at THE WRONG FORUM ASSHOLE

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 07, 2018 12:51 am

Vutu driving

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”