Busiest youve been for work

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Busiest youve been for work

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Som-Pong wrote:Gave a 1000 baht to an old lady yesterday, the hookers were aghast. "That's more than she gets in a week!" Pissed them right off lol.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Som-Pong wrote:Gave a 1000 baht to an old lady yesterday, the hookers were aghast. "That's more than she gets in a week!" Pissed them right off lol.

Thais have a very warped view of charity in general in my opinion. They will happily hand over food to monks by the bucket load, which will generally go to waste as there is no chance a monk can eat all the food he is given on his alms round. They do this to ‘make merit’ of course.

But it seems to me that in general they wouldn’t dream of giving something to someone who is poor or anything like that. I don’t understand the logical disconnect that goes on in their head. If they are good Buddhists then surely they should see that give to charity will accrue positive karma for them, just like making merit does?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:52 am

Benwahwah wrote:

Thais have a very warped view of charity in general in my opinion. They will happily hand over food to monks by the bucket load, which will generally go to waste as there is no chance a monk can eat all the food he is given on his alms round. They do this to ‘make merit’ of course.

But it seems to me that in general they wouldn’t dream of giving something to someone who is poor or anything like that. I don’t understand the logical disconnect that goes on in their head. If they are good Buddhists then surely they should see that give to charity will accrue positive karma for them, just like making merit does?

If you're poor it's because of bad karma.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:34 am

Som-Pong wrote:If you're poor it's because of bad karma.

Yeah thats an excuse, my mother spoke about watching people walk past a dead body in varanasi when she visited a few years ago, she was disgusted. Now remember she was hindu (well sorta IE when it suited) and her family originated in the South. Now her guide explained that people dont care about someone dead/suffering due to it being a kamric thing.

Funnily this attitude/belief doesnt exist among hindus in Southern India (which is much less densely populated) nor in other third world countries they live in like Trinidad, Guyana, Fiji and New Zealand.

Connect the dots. lol

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:38 am

meanwhile 200 years ago people in a very christian Britain were putting on their Sunday best to gather in the streets and watch petty thieves get whipped with a cat o nine tails just for shits and giggles.

For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.”

My point is that humans are fucked in the head.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:50 am

Back to the thais, read this shit. Ben and Galt how true are these and how many thais under 40 believe them?

* If you build or maintain public roads in this lifetime, you will have your own car in the next.
* If you donate robes to a monk in this lifetime, you will have fashionable clothes in the next.
* If you donate food to the poor in this lifetime, you will have plenty of food in the next.
* If you are stingy with your money in this lifetime, you will be poor in the next.
* If you donate money to the temple in this lifetime, you will have a large house in the next
* If you put flowers on the shrine in this lifetime, you will be beautiful or handsome in the next.
* If you pray often in this lifetime, you will be clever in the next.
* If you release birds or fish* you will enjoy a long life in the next.
* If you kill people in this lifetime, you will die young in the next.
* If you abuse your husband in this lifetime, you will be a spinster in the next.
* If you have affairs with married women in this lifetime, you will never find a wife in the next
* If you donate oil for lamps at the temple in this lifetime, you will have bright eyes in the next
* If you are rude to your parents in this lifetime, you will be deaf and dumb in the next
* If you didn’t pay your debts in this lifetime, you will be born as a cow in the next.
* If you donate medicine for sick people in this lifetime, you will be healthy in the next
* If you are cruel and cold-hearted in this lifetime, you will be all alone in the next.
* If you like to look at nude pictures in this lifetime, you will be blind in the next.
* If you gossip about people in this lifetime, you will have a harelip in the next.
* If you like cheating people in this lifetime, you will be born as an animal in the next.
* If you don’t help people in danger in this lifetime, you will be in prison in the next.
* If you sneer at beggars in this lifetime, you will starve to death in the next.
* If you look down on servants in this lifetime, you will be ugly in the next.
* If you don’t believe in the Buddhist teaching in this lifetime, then you will be deaf in the next.
* If you hurt animals in this lifetime, you will have leprosy in the next.
* If you are envious of other people in this lifetime, you will have body odour in the next
* If you make a false charge against a monk in this lifetime, you will be struck by lightning in the next.

http://www.thaibuddhist.com/understanding-karma-in-thailand/

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:18 am

Vutulaki wrote:Back to the thais, read this shit. Ben and Galt how true are these and how many thais under 40 believe them?

* If you build or maintain public roads in this lifetime, you will have your own car in the next.
* If you donate robes to a monk in this lifetime, you will have fashionable clothes in the next.
* If you donate food to the poor in this lifetime, you will have plenty of food in the next.
* If you are stingy with your money in this lifetime, you will be poor in the next.
* If you donate money to the temple in this lifetime, you will have a large house in the next
* If you put flowers on the shrine in this lifetime, you will be beautiful or handsome in the next.
* If you abuse your husband in this lifetime, you will be a spinster in the next.
* If you have affairs with married women in this lifetime, you will never find a wife in the next
* If you donate oil for lamps at the temple in this lifetime, you will have bright eyes in the next
* If you are rude to your parents in this lifetime, you will be deaf and dumb in the next
* If you didn’t pay your debts in this lifetime, you will be born as a cow in the next.
* If you donate medicine for sick people in this lifetime, you will be healthy in the next
* If you are cruel and cold-hearted in this lifetime, you will be all alone in the next.
* If you like to look at nude pictures in this lifetime, you will be blind in the next.
* If you gossip about people in this lifetime, you will have a harelip in the next.
* If you like cheating people in this lifetime, you will be born as an animal in the next.
* If you don’t help people in danger in this lifetime, you will be in prison in the next.
* If you sneer at beggars in this lifetime, you will starve to death in the next.
* If you don’t believe in the Buddhist teaching in this lifetime, then you will be deaf in the next.
* If you are envious of other people in this lifetime, you will have body odour in the next
* If you make a false charge against a monk in this lifetime, you will be struck by lightning in the next.

Some do, some don't. Mostly an old money kind of thing.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 am

Som-Pong wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Back to the thais, read this shit. Ben and Galt how true are these and how many thais under 40 believe them?

Some do, some don't. Mostly an old money kind of thing.

Yeah most thais ive spoken to say "I believe in me" when you ask what religion they are, this goes for guys at MT camps, 19 year old hotties and even the ones living in Sydney. Its always "I believe in me"

Maybe an english thing IDK>?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:31 am

Funnily enough most people my age and younger (the only ones youre allowed to ask questions of) in South Korea said the same shit except in Korean but it translated to "I believe in me"

My ex's entire family are non practising buddhists only her cunt direct family are gaedoks, I have another friend from there who teaches my son guitar and he said the same thing when I asked if hes a gaedok "ROR nah I believe in me"

Asian thing maybe?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:10 am

Huh, never heard that phrase. Most commonly we agree on "think good, speak good, act good".

Return to “Anarchy Zone”