Does anyone want basic economic principles explained to them?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Does anyone want basic economic principles explained to them?

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:50 am

Ive noticed while lurking on reddit and other forums that people dont understand simple economic principles such as the difference between macro and micro economics, economic stimulation (tax cuts and other incentives), surplus vs deficits and what drives those positions etc etc yet every cunt including journalists has an opinion on it most of which are hilariously stupid.

YOU CANT PROPOSE THAT DOING ABC will equal XYZ lol NO!. Meteorologists are scientists who get things wrong 4 out of 7 days per week, economists are not scientists yet they both work off models that people, educated (supposedly) people take with an air of certainty which they dont provide.

Both work off a LOT of historical data (mainly averages put simply) and some accepted principles. Did you know that the weather girl tells you the next 7 - 14 days worth of forecast yet the actual meteorologists can only forecast for the next 2-3 days at best? even then they get shit wrong all the time.

I digress but you get my point, back to Econ for CT losers 101. Some pre reading below (I wish people would just google shit before posting bullshit online);

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/10_Principles_of_Economics

I can post shots of my first and second year uni transcripts showing that I pulled HD's in the fundamentals of economics in my first year of business and global governance (econ back then) in my second year of international studies. Not one fucking tutorial was attended nor did I take one line of notes during lectures nor in my reading time.

Lectures > reading > assessments > exams > HIGH DISTINCTION

Im that fucking good at this shit. Not big noting but I find this area (which Ive never worked in since) really easy to conceptualise in my mind's eye, probably because most of it is pure bullshit supported by grade 4 arithmetic.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:00 am

Ive probably confused you CTards with the meteorologists shit, go back and read it and skim over that stuff.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:14 am

Lets set up our own economy

We shall name benwahaha "Akama" thats his abo name, now Galt's abo name shall be Gammon, now thats the extent of my abo so Mega shall be Maga qase (Fijian - look it up mega youll love it), Shinkicker can be kalavo and Masato can be Cici kabasu.

They all live on an Island, water is scarce, food seasonal and only Maga quae has a weapon.

Pick an economic topic and ill apply it to Abo Island.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Lets set up our own economy

We shall name benwahaha "Akama" thats his abo name, now Galt's abo name shall be Gammon, now thats the extent of my abo so Mega shall be Maga qase (Fijian - look it up mega youll love it), Shinkicker can be kalavo and Masato can be Cici kabasu.

They all live on an Island, water is scarce, food seasonal and only Maga quae has a weapon.

Haha. I love it.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:19 am

Why am I not surprised that my name is translated to Whale in English? :roll: I'm going to go with the Hindu meaning, of it being chaste, and virtuous.

Anyway, what are your views on cryptocurrency? Are they the future, or a great big ponzi?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:47 am

Benwahwah wrote:

Why am I not surprised that my name is translated to Whale in English? :roll: I'm going to go with the Hindu meaning, of it being chaste, and virtuous.

Anyway, what are your views on cryptocurrency? Are they the future, or a great big ponzi?

Fuck youve got me there, honest answer? I dont know. I was talking about established principles. Sorry dude but id rather not spend 20mins sweeping google then pretending that I'm some kind of expert like you know who.

Ill say this if you made a small investment in bitcoin 3ish years ago, we're in the same boat. "Fingers, toes and eyes crossed"

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:25 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:

Fuck youve got me there, honest answer? I dont know. I was talking about established principles. Sorry dude but id rather not spend 20mins sweeping google then pretending that I'm some kind of expert like you know who.

Ill say this if you made a small investment in bitcoin 3ish years ago, we're in the same boat. "Fingers, toes and eyes crossed"

Unfortunately for me I invested in Bitcoin way back in 2012 and bought 25 bitcoin for £150 and then cashed out when it doubled in value.

After my dad died I recently invested a FAR more substantial amount back in December, only to see it drop dramatically in value. I can afford to lose it all, but would like to think that one day I will be a millionaire.

Benwahwah

Postby Benwahwah » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:59 am

Benwahwah wrote:

Having looked up the meanings of the other names I realise now I got off quite lightly.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:21 am

Benwahwah wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:

Having looked up the meanings of the other names I realise now I got off quite lightly.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”