Lets talk about bullshit in general in this thread

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
User avatar
penxv
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:49 pm
Reputation: 724

Re: Lets talk about bullshit in general in this thread

Postby penxv » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:15 am

Viagra is a blood pressure medicine that didn't work. It works as a placebo because erectile disfunction is psychosomatic.

User avatar
penxv
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:49 pm
Reputation: 724

Postby penxv » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:18 am

Which is to say that people with ED dont have a problem achieving erections when they want to jerk off. Only when they want to bang their SO. It's psychological.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 2260
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1220

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:23 am

Masato wrote:^ ace post, very informative

I also never understood chemo, my few experiences all showed it to be a waste of miserable time.


Yeah if its offered to you it's your choice to undergo it or not. I certainly wont be dragging my kids through months of hospital and bedside visits to prolong what is a miserable quality of life.

Masato wrote:You read between the lines well, or I gave too much away. Yes its my mom but she doesn't pay for it, its the equivalent I guess of her Christian friends praying for her, which is also something she believes fervently in. I do too in some ways, though I know not how this might work, so I guess why not Reiki but I just can't go that far, lol Reiki is hokey as shit, I've met a few. But then again who knows, lol Like I said placebo is real so conscious intent surely somehow has the power to affect the physical but we just don't know how


Well if it gives her comfort why not? IM not trying to get into a discussion about any terminal unwell individual. Its always a bad idea. IRL you bring up a controversial point and no matter how constructive your point there's always someone who will respond with (because they dont actually know how to counter your point/s) "Well my dad/mum/other relative believed in blah, are you calling them {insert offensive term you never used}"

So you can either get into a fist fight with someone who isn't thinking rationally or back off and give them the "win" but your point generally still stands ultimately.

Masato wrote:When we face death, spiritual health and wellness suddenly come to the forefront for many, and lets be truthful, western medicine offers nothing in this department, totally dumbfounded and lost. So I can understand the sense that there is this gaping hole in the 'holistic' sense of who and what we are. Therefore I get why some have almost an attraction to the crazy and unscientific, the more 'unprovable' the better... because that's what they're searching for!


I meant to respond to this in my last response above and cant be bothered changing it now.

Masato wrote:Do you think its better to question a person's faiths and beliefs as the face death? Or let them hold on to whatever gives them peace? I don't know the answer, but I seem to be favoring the latter.


Of course I would "let" them believe what they want, that doesnt take away from the fact that they dont have any evidence to support their belief and "faith" of course is a belief in the (with the?) absence of proof so only a fuckhead would try convicing someone of faith otherwise, theyve turned the mental corner its too late, if you care about them just support them if you dont care about them then who gives a fuck just be human and leave them alone.

No im not going to walk through a palliative care unit calling out the obvious bullshit contained within each major religion's doctrine.

All Im trying to say here is that yes science based western medicine isnt perfect but it's LIGHT YEARS ahead of traditional Chinese/Indian/hawaiian/Abo/Holistic/Hippie medicine. Its not even close.

What I equally hate is when people bring "big Pharma" into this argument. Yes they are cunts, they fuck over sick people in order to make money. Theyd rather a cancer patient get hooked on opiates rather than have access to hemp based products and Id never defend that but to equate the lobbying (bribery) of big pharma with the scientific method im trying to defend here.


Youd be a piece of shit if your tried talkign your mother out of whatever is giving her hope/peace now but youd be an even bigger piece of shit by trying to convince her or any other dying persons of a validity of "holistic" or traditional medicine or treatment. If you were to actually charge such a person money for that as well as lying to them I'd wish nothing but a painful and slow death accompanied by all the paw paw extract injections and stone garden energy healing in the world.

Im talking generally when I say you, not you in particular.

User avatar
Canuckster
Posts: 4990
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2554

Postby Canuckster » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:57 am

penxv wrote:Which is to say that people with ED dont have a problem achieving erections when they want to jerk off. Only when they want to bang their SO. It's psychological.

Well, have you seen that ugly sack of meat lying next to you?
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

User avatar
penxv
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:49 pm
Reputation: 724

Postby penxv » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 am

Canuckster wrote:
penxv wrote:Which is to say that people with ED dont have a problem achieving erections when they want to jerk off. Only when they want to bang their SO. It's psychological.

Well, have you seen that ugly sack of meat lying next to you?



Just need a pat on my head from daddy and I'm good to go.


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests