How many of you Americans have heard of the Commonwealth Games?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
SRBrant

Re: How many of you Americans have heard of the Commonwealth Games?

Postby SRBrant » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 am

I remember Frankie Boyle doing a thing about how the Commonwealth Games used to be called the "Empire Games" and that it was just one giant slave race. "'Michael? I think my [SLUR EXPUNGED] are quicker than yours!'"

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 am

Best people frankly.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:04 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Its one saving grace was no white guys in the 100m sprint finals and no black people swimming so at least its not a total farce

lol

Vutu, can you swim??

I was thinking this the other day, why black people seem so awkward in the water? My childhood neighbor friend was from a family from St Kitts, he was black as black and hella athletic but put him near water and he was a goddamn invalid. Saw the same thing recently in Mexico, we went to this snorkelling park full of people and all the black people I saw were just awkward as hell

Is this just my unique experience or is there something there? Don't the residents in places like Jamaica/Antigua etc go to the beach? Do they surf in Africa?

back on topic, what do you suppose the roots of the word 'Commonwealth' are, in relation to these games? Up front I would say it sounds like it might be some British Empire thing?

Im not sure, its surprising that people from St Kitts cant swim, its an island. Maybe its an African thing given their high bone density and low body fat? lol seriously though IDK.

Abroginals are all strong swimmers, people in the South Pacific Island can all swim unless they have a medical condition. I was there last year and went for a dip in the local river every afternoon and it was filled with people young and old cooling off. No one looked awkward.

White people are boss at swimming though, then again no one else is stupid enough to swim massive distances in the open ocean just for shits and giggles.

I think the indigenous folks were likely fine swimmers. I know they were regarded as excellent canoemen.

Of course the Europeans killed them off early on; hence the long time presence of imported Africans.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:06 am

SRBrant wrote:I remember Frankie Boyle doing a thing about how the Commonwealth Games used to be called the "Empire Games" and that it was just one giant slave race. "'Michael? I think my [SLUR EXPUNGED] are quicker than yours!'"

We hosted the Empire Games here in the early fifties. I think it was when Bannister broke the four minute mile.

Our football team played in old Empire Stadium (a legacy of the games) until the new place was built in '83.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:09 am

Masato wrote:
Benwahwah wrote:Do we actually have any American posters? The only one I can think of is Daglord, and he doesn’t come into the Anarchy Zone anymore.

Good question, was thinking the same thing while hearing daily anti-american sentiment while in Mexico :D

Is AA American?

I still marvel at the bizarre inter-nationalism of this tiny forum, everyone is from all over the world.

Needs some japs though

I did an ethnographic survey of the forums here once.

Sharp, incisive stuff, My passion for sociology was showing that day I guess ;)
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:13 am

Yes Anti Archon and Daglord are authentic Americans to the best of my knowledge.

Which could explain their relative scarcity around these parts.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:03 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:Yes Anti Archon and Daglord are authentic Americans to the best of my knowledge.

I think were too unsophisticated for Americans, Brits get the dry humour here, Canadians well cause Masato's one, Galt the black Swede with red hair cause its just weird enough for him to feel at home, Diet Butcher AKA Uncle Tong cause he got frozen at the usual gook haunt for lending me his log in creds and link to his fav proxy, me cause I make everyone feel better about themselves, That new guy who thinks no one has worked out who he is yet and of course Fatboy who watches us from the shadows.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:Yes Anti Archon and Daglord are authentic Americans to the best of my knowledge.

I think were too unsophisticated for Americans, Brits get the dry humour here, Canadians well cause Masato's one, Galt the black Swede with red hair cause its just weird enough for him to feel at home, Diet Butcher AKA Uncle Tong cause he got frozen at the usual gook haunt for lending me his log in creds and link to his fav proxy, me cause I make everyone feel better about themselves, That new guy who thinks no one has worked out who he is yet and of course Fatboy who watches us from the shadows.

Well we are pretty unsophisticated here, there's little doubt :D

I think they have trouble understanding some of our slang. Serviettes etc.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:26 am

Canuckster wrote:
Yeah man, fucking white people are nuts.

I went full whitetard a few years ago, I think in 2012 and paid around $300 and some change (had to throw in a bit extra to cover my buddy- his bday) to go skydiving. WHY IN THE ACTUAL FUCK does anyone do that?

The whole thing sucks, you had to do this ghey lesson with a bullshit break fall lesson thrown, yeah that shit works in judo not fucking jumping out of a plane. Its great you guys invented planes, I love travelling but there was no need to invent skydiving outside of military applications. Its not something worth doing for fun.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:33 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Well we are pretty unsophisticated here, there's little doubt :D

I think they have trouble understanding some of our slang. Serviettes etc.

Yep or how we all post here under our Union Jacks while singing god save the queen, drinking tea that they so wasteful threw in Boston Harbour.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”