How many of you Americans have heard of the Commonwealth Games?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1164

How many of you Americans have heard of the Commonwealth Games?

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 am

Its basically the diet version of the Olympics where non wrestling countries compete.

Its on here on the Gold Coast and literally no one gives a fuck about it, even the media has given up and My kitchen Rules and Married with Children get more coverage.

Have you guys even heard of it?

Its one saving grace was no white guys in the 100m sprint finals and no black people swimming so at least its not a total farce

User avatar
Canuckster
Posts: 4879
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2536

Postby Canuckster » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 am

I've heard of it, same here, no one gives a shit tho
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1164

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:02 pm

I think you guys are losing to India on the tally board, thats what I call not giving a shit

User avatar
Benwahwah
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 am
Reputation: 987

Postby Benwahwah » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:13 pm

In the UK it gets a fair amount of coverage because the BBC has the rights so people do see it. But as far as I’m concerned it is 3rd in rankings for athletics events behind the Olympics and the World Championships.

Being out here in Thailand I have watched none of it, and would only watch it in the UK if there was fuck all else on.

User avatar
Benwahwah
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 am
Reputation: 987

Postby Benwahwah » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Do we actually have any American posters? The only one I can think of is Daglord, and he doesn’t come into the Anarchy Zone anymore.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1164

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Benwahwah wrote:In the UK it gets a fair amount of coverage because the BBC has the rights so people do see it. But as far as I’m concerned it is 3rd in rankings for athletics events behind the Olympics and the World Championships.

Being out here in Thailand I have watched none of it, and would only watch it in the UK if there was fuck all else on.


Id place it 4th, Olys, WC's, Special Olys (come on its fun) then the Commonwealth Games.

All the countries who got pwned by Britain back in the day get to play nice and their shitty athletes get to pretend they are world class.

As far as your question regarding our American contingent youre right, we dont have any cause of me I guess.

You can thank me later

User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 11868
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 5463

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Its one saving grace was no white guys in the 100m sprint finals and no black people swimming so at least its not a total farce


lol

Vutu, can you swim??

I was thinking this the other day, why black people seem so awkward in the water? My childhood neighbor friend was from a family from St Kitts, he was black as black and hella athletic but put him near water and he was a goddamn invalid. Saw the same thing recently in Mexico, we went to this snorkelling park full of people and all the black people I saw were just awkward as hell

Is this just my unique experience or is there something there? Don't the residents in places like Jamaica/Antigua etc go to the beach? Do they surf in Africa?




back on topic, what do you suppose the roots of the word 'Commonwealth' are, in relation to these games? Up front I would say it sounds like it might be some British Empire thing?

User avatar
Masato
Site Admin
Posts: 11868
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:16 pm
Reputation: 5463

Postby Masato » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Benwahwah wrote:Do we actually have any American posters? The only one I can think of is Daglord, and he doesn’t come into the Anarchy Zone anymore.


Good question, was thinking the same thing while hearing daily anti-american sentiment while in Mexico :D

Is AA American?

I still marvel at the bizarre inter-nationalism of this tiny forum, everyone is from all over the world.

Needs some japs though

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1164

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:02 am

Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Its one saving grace was no white guys in the 100m sprint finals and no black people swimming so at least its not a total farce


lol

Vutu, can you swim??

I was thinking this the other day, why black people seem so awkward in the water? My childhood neighbor friend was from a family from St Kitts, he was black as black and hella athletic but put him near water and he was a goddamn invalid. Saw the same thing recently in Mexico, we went to this snorkelling park full of people and all the black people I saw were just awkward as hell

Is this just my unique experience or is there something there? Don't the residents in places like Jamaica/Antigua etc go to the beach? Do they surf in Africa?




back on topic, what do you suppose the roots of the word 'Commonwealth' are, in relation to these games? Up front I would say it sounds like it might be some British Empire thing?



Im not sure, its surprising that people from St Kitts cant swim, its an island. Maybe its an African thing given their high bone density and low body fat? lol seriously though IDK.

Abroginals are all strong swimmers, people in the South Pacific Island can all swim unless they have a medical condition. I was there last year and went for a dip in the local river every afternoon and it was filled with people young and old cooling off. No one looked awkward.

White people are boss at swimming though, then again no one else is stupid enough to swim massive distances in the open ocean just for shits and giggles.

User avatar
Canuckster
Posts: 4879
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2536

Postby Canuckster » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:19 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Masato wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:Its one saving grace was no white guys in the 100m sprint finals and no black people swimming so at least its not a total farce


lol

Vutu, can you swim??

I was thinking this the other day, why black people seem so awkward in the water? My childhood neighbor friend was from a family from St Kitts, he was black as black and hella athletic but put him near water and he was a goddamn invalid. Saw the same thing recently in Mexico, we went to this snorkelling park full of people and all the black people I saw were just awkward as hell

Is this just my unique experience or is there something there? Don't the residents in places like Jamaica/Antigua etc go to the beach? Do they surf in Africa?




back on topic, what do you suppose the roots of the word 'Commonwealth' are, in relation to these games? Up front I would say it sounds like it might be some British Empire thing?



Im not sure, its surprising that people from St Kitts cant swim, its an island. Maybe its an African thing given their high bone density and low body fat? lol seriously though IDK.

Abroginals are all strong swimmers, people in the South Pacific Island can all swim unless they have a medical condition. I was there last year and went for a dip in the local river every afternoon and it was filled with people young and old cooling off. No one looked awkward.

White people are boss at swimming though, then again no one else is stupid enough to swim massive distances in the open ocean just for shits and giggles.



Yeah man, fucking white people are nuts.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests