Off to see Stars Wars today

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Off to see Stars Wars today

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Officially on holidays :D :D :D

Have a bit of work before the New Year but that's OK, plus got a ton of work lined up for the whole month of January, which I'm stoked about. Sometimes I get nervous on holidays because I'm not making any money but I know I'll be busy as soon as its over so I can relax in peace.

Off to see Star Wars with the kids in about an hour, I'm pumped though my expectations are low. Not making the mistake of taking it too seriously this time, lol I am hearing polarized reviews either people are bitching or they loved it

Also installing a lock on my bedroom door today, lol should be a good break :D

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Let me save you the trouble, its fucking terrible and now that Disney has taken over its gone full SJW tard

An asian woman and black male saving the day using that kinda technology? lol yeah im sure she could fly a spaceship while struggling to rear park a Camry and that his forward planning skills go beyond getting his GED over the course of his 25 to life sentence just in the nick of time for the parole board.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Just got back.

Was grimacing in the theater quite a few times, bored at other times. Then again I am big on story and have little patience for action.

Left the theater thinking man that was pretty bad, but now I'm coming home & recalling things, and maybe liked it better than I thought. Some interesting story ideas.

[spoiler]
What was up with the fucking catholic nuns? lol seriously that seemed a bit obvious if any parallels to real world were to be made, had nothing to do with the story at all, actually made it worse yet somehow got injected into the film

And FFS, did they get some funding from PETA? lol 2 distinct animal rights plugs in 1 film

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:17 pm

PS: some serious moral relativism going down in this film

I predict this to be a coming theme for Disney/Fox

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Masato wrote:Just got back.

Was grimacing in the theater quite a few times, bored at other times. Then again I am big on story and have little patience for action.

- Youre big on Story and liked the original Star Wars trilogy? I get liking Han Solo e Bobba Fett or the Ewoks, Theyre cool but come on.

Left the theater thinking man that was pretty bad, but now I'm coming home & recalling things, and maybe liked it better than I thought. Some interesting story ideas.

[spoiler]
What was up with the fucking catholic nuns? lol seriously that seemed a bit obvious if any parallels to real world were to be made, had nothing to do with the story at all, actually made it worse yet somehow got injected into the film

And FFS, did they get some funding from PETA? lol 2 distinct animal rights plugs in 1 film
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:15 am

This review is on point. *Spoilers included*

LMAO @ Admiral Gender Studies and Diversity Hire.

The Anti-Archon

Postby The Anti-Archon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:02 pm

I loved Star Wars growing up. I mean, loved it. Had all the movies on VHS, a bunch of toys, comics, t-shirts, posters, god damn my bed sheets said Star Wars.

Now, the thought of seeing this latest one sounds like gouging my own eyes out. I am done with Disney's Corporate Culture Wars, thanks.

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Star Wars died with the prequels. Time to let sleeping dogs lie. Disney will take care of that in short order I'm sure.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:44 pm

They will still milk billions off it
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
- Youre big on Story and liked the original Star Wars trilogy? I get liking Han Solo e Bobba Fett or the Ewoks, Theyre cool but come on.

No way man, the first Star Wars (A New Hope) was damn near Story perfection. Based on 'The Hero's Journey' as outlined by Joseph Campbell, a simple and proper MYTH story with all the right elements to trigger our subconscious archetypes

A beautiful story, simple.

SIMPLE.

The more I think about this new one the more I realize what a mess that script is. There are like 4 or 5 different subplots all happening at the same time, flashbacks and backstory, its a total jumble of ideas. A New Hope had ONE plot; the journey of Luke. Empire Strikes back had 2; Luke's and Han/Leia, which both came together in the end. Return of the Jedi worked its way up to 3.

Why this modern need to make their scripts so fucking complex? Haven't they realized by now that a simple story resonates with people much deeper?

Return to “Anarchy Zone”