Old, now forgotten video-games

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Re: Old, now forgotten video-games

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:11 am

For any of my Ontario bros, the Canada Computers store in Mississauga on Burnhamthorpe road is selling a TMNT arcade for 500 bucks, a perfect reproduction of the arcade from the late 80s.

Canuckster I must have missed your post before, but I also had a bunch of my games stolen in a B&E. Crazy Sudanese refugee roommate got evicted and stole everyones stuff, including my custom painted NES and my sega genesis.

Right now I am emulating Sega CD games and the rpg Lunar: Eternal Blue is awesome. I also downloaded a windows version of the 90s arcade game Pulstar. It was made by the guys who made R-type but with pseudo-3D polygon graphics.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:52 am

Luigi wrote:For any of my Ontario bros, the Canada Computers store in Mississauga on Burnhamthorpe road is selling a TMNT arcade for 500 bucks, a perfect reproduction of the arcade from the late 80s.

Canuckster I must have missed your post before, but I also had a bunch of my games stolen in a B&E. Crazy Sudanese refugee roommate got evicted and stole everyones stuff, including my custom painted NES and my sega genesis.

Right now I am emulating Sega CD games and the rpg Lunar: Eternal Blue is awesome. I also downloaded a windows version of the 90s arcade game Pulstar. It was made by the guys who made R-type but with pseudo-3D polygon graphics.

- PLaying without the console doesnt looks like the same thing!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:43 pm

- Gamera video-game. Never knew about till yesterday. Was searching if Godzilla ever fought Gamera. :mrgreen:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:34 pm

- Fighting Masters

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:24 pm

A fan of the Mega Drive/Genesis eh? Which name do they use in Brazil? I am currently playing Sega CD/Mega CD. This is the difficult beast I am currently wrestling:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:08 pm

Luigi wrote:A fan of the Mega Drive/Genesis eh? Which name do they use in Brazil? I am currently playing Sega CD/Mega CD. This is the difficult beast I am currently wrestling:

- The 16 bits is called mega-driver here too. THey used to come with a name, like Mega-driver 3 or 2, unline sness that was called only Snes. Master System is the 8 bits!

I used to love playing 1080 on PSOne!

- King of the Monsters

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Luigi wrote:For any of my Ontario bros, the Canada Computers store in Mississauga on Burnhamthorpe road is selling a TMNT arcade for 500 bucks, a perfect reproduction of the arcade from the late 80s.

I finished Pulstar on difficulties 1 and 2(there are 8 different difficulties). I ordered a usb arcade stick that should come in the mail this week. Im also considering ordering a Neo Geo Mini.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:

lol that game looks great! the graphics are shit but it looks like the physics and gameplay are strong!

I am picky about snowboarding games, trying to simulate the feeling but that game looks alright! high speed scariness :D

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:34 am

About 2 weeks ago I beat Pulstar on difficulty 3, normal mode. It took me about a month of continuing the same game though so I dont quite consider it 100% legit. In theory you could leave a console turned on for a month but it just doesnt feel the same. Ill do it legit one day, but since then I got a Neo Geo Mini and Ive been loving it. I finished Real Bout Fatal Fury, an amazing game. I finished Garou Mark of the Wolves twice. I got to the last boss of Last Blade 2 but he is too hard to beat without getting obsessed with it. One of the games is Last Resort, which was one of the main inspirations for Pulstar, and it also has Blazing Star, the official sequel to Pulstar. Blazing Star is an absolutely amazing game, maybe the best shmup ever made, but the extreme difficulty of pulstar is mirrored by an extreme easiness in blazing star. When you continue it doesnt send you back to a checkpoint, so its basically like an arcade you can just quarter feed through. On one boss I died so many times the game stopped and said "you dont have enough skill, try again later" but then put me on the next level anyways.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:07 pm

- Sonic Blast Man

Return to “Anarchy Zone”