The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Shinkicker

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby Shinkicker » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:20 am

Vutulaki wrote:Pride aint whats running down the back of her throat Hank.

You are such a tart.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:02 pm

This may have been my craziest idea ever.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Well probably not. But I miss my kids sooo bad!

But the flip side is they are missing me, too. And so is hubby. :D

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:46 am

Shinkicker wrote:However, later he said to me, that he would tell them he could work on Tuesday and Thursday so he could wrestle Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I said, "No, son. You work whatever they schedule you and tell coach you will wrestle on your days off." Smh

Kid still feels like they are the lucky ones to have him. Lol

- Thats is the hard thing. He is to young to chose. But thats is his choice, not yours. Look, we only have a prime, maybe he willbe a good wrestler ou coach, or bot. Maybe he will choose another path in his life that doenst involve wrestling.

But thats is one thing, he shoundt have regrets about it. I know that youre trying to make he have a career, but a career isnt only make about choosing the path of money. In the end only him know his internal calling!

Maybe wrestling is only a fever, and he will forget that in a couple of months!*

*Even thought i dont bellieve that! Wrestling is like a super-nova, burning inside the soul of the warrior!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:53 am

We spend so much time on this board railing against this system and trying to expose the bullshit, yet we spend an equal amount of time making sure the kids fit into it, it's madness
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:13 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:However, later he said to me, that he would tell them he could work on Tuesday and Thursday so he could wrestle Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I said, "No, son. You work whatever they schedule you and tell coach you will wrestle on your days off." Smh

Kid still feels like they are the lucky ones to have him. Lol

- Thats is the hard thing. He is to young to chose. But thats is his choice, not yours. Look, we only have a prime, maybe he willbe a good wrestler ou coach, or bot. Maybe he will choose another path in his life that doenst involve wrestling.

But thats is one thing, he shoundt have regrets about it. I know that youre trying to make he have a career, but a career isnt only make about choosing the path of money. In the end only him know his internal calling!

Maybe wrestling is only a fever, and he will forget that in a couple of months!*

*Even thought i dont bellieve that! Wrestling is like a super-nova, burning inside the soul of the warrior!

Wow. Thank you very much. I needed to hear that right now. Guess what? He didn't take my advice. He told work that he could only work the 2 days so he could wrestle. I'm a proud mom right now.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:20 am

Canuckster wrote:We spend so much time on this board railing against this system and trying to expose the bullshit, yet we spend an equal amount of time making sure the kids fit into it, it's madness

You hit the nail on the head. And here's the kicker, I told him to choose work over wrestling while feeling like it was the "good parent" thing to do, I still didn't feel right. I kept thinking "Hell, he's going to have to work the rest of his life. He needs to be having fun."

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 am

Great talks here

good to see you Shinkicker, how is your time away going? I am on the west cost too lets hook up lol

I am a big fan of following one's dreams, I think if its honest and healthy then other things will fall into place. But of course as parents we always worry and protect, we can't see inside their hearts what is true or what is foolish only time will tell us that

As usual simple balance is usually the Rx. We need to work hard and play the game, but it is also super important to make time and nurture the things that make us happy and inspire us. Good fortune to those who can make those somehow work along side each other, or even harmonize

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:18 am

Canuckster wrote:We spend so much time on this board railing against this system and trying to expose the bullshit, yet we spend an equal amount of time making sure the kids fit into it, it's madness

wow, Canuckster with the harsh truth of the month lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Joe Mama wrote:Look, I am all about letting your kids 'be themselves' and 'explore freely' but this is kind of pushing the envelope...

What in the actual fuck...

My wife and I are friends with a couple with kids similar age to ours. Their 15 year old son came out of nowhere a few months back telling them not only is he gay but he wants to be trans. And not just clothes etc he wanted to start hormone pills.

Thank our lucky stars that our parenting woes are not so deep

That is a crazy hit for poor mom and dad. They are Eastern European too, the dad is quote old school and tough I can’t even imagine how he’s dealing with it. I talked with the mom about it but not him

I don’t know what is happening or what is the cause but sure seems like this is increasing. Or maybe it was always this way but more stayed in the closet in the past? Can social propaganda alone really drive kids to want this? Is it some drug in our food or shots etc like AJ’s turn the frogs gay story? Lol. I honestly don’t know, have to keep my paranoia in check sometimes

That’s the second friend of the family that went trans and I don’t even know that many people

Anyways I’ll take my non-communicative and slightly rude teenage angst over troubles like this any day.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”