The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:21 pm

Som-Pong wrote:Seems to be doing very well with my complete absence. So yeah, being absent works.

Of the kids you are aware of, where do they live?

Sweden? Thailand? elsewhere?

there is no single best way to parent that fits all. We must do what we can with the unpredictable flow of our lives and theirs. I'm learning to let go, she will be flying soon, what can I do? I was absent from my parents for a very long time. I wonder if she might do the same.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:02 pm

The one that I know of is in Bangkok.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:58 pm

My daughter comes home today from a short ski-trip with her friends... but this time she was SNOWBOARDING.

I taught the kids to ski when they were younger because its easier, but always wondered if they would make the switch to snowboarding. Well she did and I couldn't be happier. She's been doing tons of longboarding all summer, and I took her surfing once, so she has some natural board balance but snowboarding can be a bitch to learn sometimes.

I think is better she learned without me, but I can't wait to hear how she did. No injuries so far which is good, easy to break a wrist learning that stuff. Like my wife did on one of our first dates lol (I have several stories btw of early dates with her before married that went very wrong :o )

Anyways I am thrilled because even though I don't snowboard hardly anymore it is one of my most favourite things in life and have the best memories of it during my teen years. It's just cool to see our kids doing and liking things that we ourselves like. Well I hope she liked it anyways. Haven't really heard anything about it yet.

My son went back to jiu jitsu again for the first time in a long time. He fell off the wagon, got lazy, got injured etc etc etc but somehow he's all hungry again now so woot let's go. My club is done so I threw him in with an adult class because he's pretty good and beginning to get his teen build. Super deep waters for him but I thought he looked pretty good out there with men 50-100lbs bigger then himself.
But now we're going into another lockdown so we won't talk about that anymore :?

Both my kids screwed up some classes at school this semester. Interesting experience for everyone all around. I think they can correct the mistakes and get back on track for the new year but let's see. I can only imagine parents of kids who abandon school, I knew a lot of kids like that growing up, and hear stories of parents now watching their kids do it.. Must be terrifying. We slowly lose control of our kids, and they slowly learn that they don't have to listen to us if they choose not to. The trick is for them to realize we are most often worth listening to.

Daughter is stingy with sharing her photos, but if I score a good one of the snowboarding I'll post. I know she brings her Saku mask everywhere for every single photo so that's covered.

Oh yeah she wants to start kickboxing! wtf I would have never guessed. But lockdown so I didn't say that.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:42 pm

Masato wrote:My daughter comes home today from a short ski-trip with her friends... but this time she was SNOWBOARDING.

I taught the kids to ski when they were younger because its easier, but always wondered if they would make the switch to snowboarding. Well she did and I couldn't be happier. She's been doing tons of longboarding all summer, and I took her surfing once, so she has some natural board balance but snowboarding can be a bitch to learn sometimes.

I think is better she learned without me, but I can't wait to hear how she did. No injuries so far which is good, easy to break a wrist learning that stuff. Like my wife did on one of our first dates lol (I have several stories btw of early dates with her before married that went very wrong :o )

Anyways I am thrilled because even though I don't snowboard hardly anymore it is one of my most favourite things in life and have the best memories of it during my teen years. It's just cool to see our kids doing and liking things that we ourselves like. Well I hope she liked it anyways. Haven't really heard anything about it yet.

My son went back to jiu jitsu again for the first time in a long time. He fell off the wagon, got lazy, got injured etc etc etc but somehow he's all hungry again now so woot let's go. My club is done so I threw him in with an adult class because he's pretty good and beginning to get his teen build. Super deep waters for him but I thought he looked pretty good out there with men 50-100lbs bigger then himself.
But now we're going into another lockdown so we won't talk about that anymore :?

Both my kids screwed up some classes at school this semester. Interesting experience for everyone all around. I think they can correct the mistakes and get back on track for the new year but let's see. I can only imagine parents of kids who abandon school, I knew a lot of kids like that growing up, and hear stories of parents now watching their kids do it.. Must be terrifying. We slowly lose control of our kids, and they slowly learn that they don't have to listen to us if they choose not to. The trick is for them to realize we are most often worth listening to.

Daughter is stingy with sharing her photos, but if I score a good one of the snowboarding I'll post. I know she brings her Saku mask everywhere for every single photo so that's covered.

Oh yeah she wants to start kickboxing! wtf I would have never guessed. But lockdown so I didn't say that.

That is awesome.

My oldest who wrestles, everyday gym, and rock climbing has now taken up Chess.

Wtf? Fuck this lockdown. Lol

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:21 am

All your kids sound like fucking losers who should have been still born

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:28 am

www.chess.com
I’d be happy to play him.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed May 18, 2022 10:55 am

Som-Pong wrote:http://www.chess.com
I’d be happy to play him.

He plays there. I don’t know anything about the site though. How does he find you?

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed May 18, 2022 11:02 am

How is everyone’s kids doing?

My boys are 19 and 17. Time flies, doesn’t it?

My oldest is in college full time. He has a job as a personal trainer. He trains, lol. He had his first Muay Thai competition last year. He has a kickboxing match in August and his first MMA fight in November.

I see mma different now that my child is doing it. It kinda disgusts me.

On the flip side, he smokes marijuana, does mushrooms, has a different girlfriend every few weeks and parties a lot.

My youngest is doing great in what he loves. He won State tournament in Air Rifle competition. He is still determined to join the marines.

He is my good son. Straight laced. No drugs and doesn’t drink.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed May 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Shinkicker wrote:How is everyone’s kids doing?

My oldest is in college full time. He has a job as a personal trainer. He trains, lol. He had his first Muay Thai competition last year. He has a kickboxing match in August and his first MMA fight in November.

On the flip side, he smokes marijuana, does mushrooms, has a different girlfriend every few weeks and parties a lot.

My youngest is doing great in what he loves. He won State tournament in Air Rifle competition. He is still determined to join the marines.

- He is a dude-bro?
Do you think the younger is on a more successful path?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 18, 2022 2:19 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:How is everyone’s kids doing?

- He is a dude-bro?
Do you think the younger is on a more successful path?

Interesting question!! Who knows but the kids themselves, time, and God?

I ask this a lot too, is it better for kids to stray and go adventuring? or stay on the straight and narrow and be practical in life?

I honestly can't answer, I suppose each person has their own path and lessons to live.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”